fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...

TOPIC:

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 18 Jun 2014 06:17 #48026

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I am in Durban, safe and warm...
  • Thank you received: 46
That I understand. the naming scheme is flawed, for example, Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1 or is it Final Cut Pro 10.1.1 or Final Cut Pro X 1.1 ? The double 10 from X then 10.x.x is silly and confusing, not a smart move...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MsJustine.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 18 Jun 2014 06:33 #48027

It's identical to the numbering scheme used by the OS.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 18 Jun 2014 06:33 #48028

Ffs, are you for real???
Can we *please* get back on topic?!

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 18 Jun 2014 06:37 #48030

• Julian
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 32

That I understand. the naming scheme is flawed, for example, Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1 or is it Final Cut Pro 10.1.1 or Final Cut Pro X 1.1 ? The double 10 from X then 10.x.x is silly and confusing, not a smart move...

FCPX is the brand, just like OSX is the brand. 10.1.1 or 10.2 or 10.11 are just versions of that brand so people can know exactly what product they have when they are trouble shooting.

iPhone 5S is the brand name, but the version number is ME308LL/A for the AT&T 32GB version in space gray.

X has no become part of a lot of their pro apps branding. Logic Pro X, Final Cut Pro X, OSX and probably Aperture X in the future. Maybe Motion X and Compressor X in the future.

None of this even matters though, it's just a name. I don't think that the FCPX team is gonna wait for an OS update to release a bug fix or feature update unless it's tied to the OS like the new library management system was.

I'd imagine that the FCPX team will release some big fixes and maybe a few features before OSX 10.10 in the fall. After that, I'd like to see a UI update to match the new design aesthetic of Yosemite.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 18 Jun 2014 07:06 #48031

I agree entirely!
I'd also like to see some more control options for the magnetic timeline, something I'd *love* to be able to do is choose an alternative source for clip connections! I'd love to be able to attach to something outside of the primary storyline. Maybe a secondary storyline, or even another attached clip. This could be super handy :)

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 18 Jun 2014 07:13 #48032

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
When I have the bright yellow box, pls Apple could you include the duration in the tiny black box that shows me the details, the duration of my selection...

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 18 Jun 2014 07:16 #48033

Would anyone else like to see a full featured logging solution make an appearance?
I miss that from FCP7. X's current 'import' window feels somewhat limited in comparison. I wonder whether Apple already have this on hand and are waiting, as with Multicam and various other updates, to iron out the creases before introducing a solid solution?

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 18 Jun 2014 07:20 #48034

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
To use my ipad linked to my mac laptop, the easy swipe of the touchpad on the ipad, makes life so much better, I can sit on the comfy couch and log footage, within wireless range of the router....

I know there are 3rd party apps, I have tried a few, As Chaz says, the import window of 7 as great as a looging tool, having that interface on my ipad, knock out!!

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 18 Jun 2014 07:22 #48035

The duration of the selection appears at the bottom if the browser or the timeline panel. Where else would you like it to appear?

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 18 Jun 2014 07:22 #48036

Apple online store is down here in the US. Could be new iMacs and maybe later today updated FCPX to go with those new iMacs???

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 18 Jun 2014 07:25 #48037

You mean like tape logging? Keyword in the import window?

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 18 Jun 2014 07:26 #48038

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
Online store is down, Pro Apps is still functional!!

In the skimmer window, where I am looking as I drag, it is there, elsewhere is fine, a tad awkward, if not in the skimmer window, there is a timcode there, why not include the total clip selected duration there.

For me the ability to name storylines would be great, to right click, send to would make life so sweet..

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 18 Jun 2014 07:27 #48039

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
Yes, yes, and yes, bring back the old school tape logging, but we will call it new school metadata logging to celebrate the end of tape...Although tape is really robust, cheap and honest!!

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 18 Jun 2014 07:29 #48040

Where is there? When you drag a selection in the browser the duration of the selection appears in the tooltip. When you release the duration is at the bottom of the browser.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 18 Jun 2014 07:31 #48041

Not going to happen, not for tape. No way should they invest their resources on dead tech.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 18 Jun 2014 07:39 #48042

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
Tom, sent you a PM here!! Justine

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 18 Jun 2014 07:51 #48044

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned

This is a loggers dream window, you can see all the info you need, it has everything you need, and if this was on the ipad, wow....How hard can it be to recode this to work in the new OS? I am sure a smart geeky person could bash this out in a day... I would find a way to pay a few $$$ towards the kickstarter...

The more I look at this screen-grab, I so want to pay someone to build it as a proof of concept, that I am right, and dammit I know I am right, just cause it is old school does not mean it will not work. Old school is cool, I love the old school way of doing things...
Attachments:

Last edit: by MsJustine.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 18 Jun 2014 07:56 #48045

• cgbier
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 53
Uhm, that logging info is all there in FCP X. What are you talking about?

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 18 Jun 2014 08:05 #48046

• plysat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 67
Umm.. did you guys all just get on the internet? DNFTT. Look it up if it's unfamiliar. ;-)
Can't sleep? Try this: fcpxpert.net ;-)

Last edit: by plysat.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 18 Jun 2014 08:38 #48047

• Seanus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Sean Lander - Rednail Media
  • Thank you received: 76
Agreed all the logging is there. As you are working with file based media it's far quicker to work this way than with the log and transfer window. Just import everything and then start logging your media ingests in the background!

Learn the tools. Don't try to make to make FCP X like the way you're used to, it's way slower.
Sean Lander - Editing since 1982 - AVID 1991 - FCP 1999 - FCPX 2011