fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...

TOPIC:

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 16 Jun 2014 14:15 #47883

From Larry Jordan's most recent email newsletter-

This moment in June is a strange time.... There are a number of exciting new products that are almost ready to announce; just not quite in time for this issue. I'll have more on everything new later this month, so stay tuned.

Larry Jordan's "FCPX - In-Depth and Up-to-Date" 3 Day Course runs Jun 23-25th.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 16 Jun 2014 14:54 #47885

From Larry Jordan's most recent email newsletter-

This moment in June is a strange time.... There are a number of exciting new products that are almost ready to announce; just not quite in time for this issue. I'll have more on everything new later this month, so stay tuned.

Larry Jordan's "FCPX - In-Depth and Up-to-Date" 3 Day Course runs Jun 23-25th.

Yeah, but I think he was talking about (hinting at) the Adobe release this Wednesday the 18th.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 16 Jun 2014 15:02 #47886

But the Adobe update is already announced- it's just not released yet. Which means he could reference it directly if that's what he was referring to.

This is something "unannounced".

As was all know, Larry has had access to pre-release versions of X before, just like Ripple Training. That's how they have new courses ready for the day of release.

I think 10.1.2 will drop either tomorrow or next Tuesday.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 16 Jun 2014 16:12 #47887

I wondered the same when I read Larry's newsletter this morning. One thing I'd love to see in the next version, along with the obvious performance tweaks, is some more control over the UI. As we've all talked about countless times - to have UI preferences, and save layouts etc.
I'd also really like to see the ability to save things as 'default'. The spatial conform menu drives me nuts!! I want it always to be set to 'none'...

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 16 Jun 2014 16:21 #47888

I'd also really like to see the ability to save things as 'default'. The spatial conform menu drives me nuts!! I want it always to be set to 'none'...

Add me to that request!

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 16 Jun 2014 21:17 #47889

But the Adobe update is already announced- it's just not released yet. Which means he could reference it directly if that's what he was referring to.

This is something "unannounced".

As was all know, Larry has had access to pre-release versions of X before, just like Ripple Training. That's how they have new courses ready for the day of release.

I think 10.1.2 will drop either tomorrow or next Tuesday.

True, but not everything is known yet about Adobe's offerings. Also, FCPX might be updated but I think it's not the only thing being updated hence "There are a number of exciting new products" I tend to still think it's more Adobe related than anything although it might be both.

Last edit: by daviddelreal.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 16 Jun 2014 21:27 #47890

True, but not everything is known yet about Adobe's offerings. Also, FCPX might be updated but I think it's not the only thing being updated hence "There are a number of exciting new products" I tend to still think it's more Adobe related than anything although it might be both.

Aren't these the updates Adobe pre-announced @NAB in April?

I don't remember there being any secret add-ons upon launch for either of Adobe's 2013 Video-related updates.

Adobe may have some new news regarding plans or pricing, but I think everything feature-related is already known.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 16 Jun 2014 21:29 #47891

• Seanus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Sean Lander - Rednail Media
  • Thank you received: 76

Add me to that request!

Me too.

Would love to be able to set Ken Burns to LINEAR as a default.
Sean Lander - Editing since 1982 - AVID 1991 - FCP 1999 - FCPX 2011

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 16 Jun 2014 21:42 #47893

Aren't these the updates Adobe pre-announced @NAB in April?

I don't remember there being any secret add-ons upon launch for either of Adobe's 2013 Video-related updates.

Adobe may have some new news regarding plans or pricing, but I think everything feature-related is already known.

Yes, they were announced NAB week. Jason Levine hinted that there were more features yet to be announced and there's a live event 10am pacific time this wednesday to announce new updates -and it's an hour and a half long. If it were just what was announced at NAB, there would be no event. Previous updates just became available via CC. This leads me to believe that Adobe has something else up their sleeves.

Last edit: by daviddelreal.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 16 Jun 2014 22:17 #47895

• Seanus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Sean Lander - Rednail Media
  • Thank you received: 76
Maybe they are buying AVID? ;)

But seriously I'm not a fan of the Adobe way. Which is to pile more and more features on top of themselves until the program feels like a giant swaying mess.

They would have to announce (like Apple) that they are conducting a complete re-write of all their software in an effort to make it intuitive as well as powerful. Oh and losing the subscription model.

I don't think they have it in them.
Sean Lander - Editing since 1982 - AVID 1991 - FCP 1999 - FCPX 2011

Last edit: by Seanus.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 16 Jun 2014 22:23 #47896

oh brother here we go again...

Adobe Premiere was rewritten, wasn't it?

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 16 Jun 2014 22:23 #47897

I think for a lot of people who "use" Adobe software, the subscription model probably makes sense. Anyone who's making a living off those products certainly shouldn't be complaining about a (deductible) $60/mo cost for all their professional software. And for Adobe it certainly does- it means they have regular income they can keep pumping into development- which they certainly are, whether you like their offerings or not.

The only thing I'd be interested in seeing out of this event would be more pricing options. I'm still paying the full CC price essentially for Photoshop, Acrobat, minimal use of Illustrator, and at this point almost non-existent use of After Effects.

I use more than 1 app, but WAY less than all of them- I feel my needs are NOT being served by the current pricing options.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 16 Jun 2014 22:31 #47898

Maybe they are buying AVID? ;)

But seriously I'm not a fan of the Adobe way. Which is to pile more and more features on top of themselves until the program feels like a giant swaying mess.

I don't think they have it in them.

That is such a great way to explain why I like FCP X so much more. I saw a Philip Bloom post today mentioning there is or will be lens distortion removal for go pro cameras included. I could have had that for years if I wanted it from the Crumblepop plugin.

Dropdown menu after drop down menu is infuriating when I have to deal with it now. It's like paying for cable TV and only wanting ten channels, but knowing you are paying for the other six hundred you never watch.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 03:03 #47906

RippleTraining announces another of they're great live Q&A sessions this Thursday, with Mark Spencer, Steve Martin, Michael Garber and Sam Mestman in attendance.

Though not always, these sometimes harken updates...

hazu.herokuapp.com/pixelcorps/fcvug-1

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 05:49 #47917

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I am in Durban, safe and warm...
  • Thank you received: 46
I wish Apple would just press the button, update and be happy...This is so frustrating. On the Adobe issue, I notice they have a huge launch ongoing, in Cannes, why why in this age of technology, is this company ignoring the obvious, the whole rental aspect of software "ownership". I cannot afford the exchange rate costs involved with rental of $50 per month. If I had 10 000 clients, I would charge each for the software, I am a unemployed "learner-of-software" as a video editor, 30 days, impossible to become expert.

I am not surprised to learn there are 10 000 ways to borrow the software from the library of the interwebs. No I am not going to do this. I pay for what I use. I just wish I could buy the dumb software!!

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 08:14 #47922

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
No one knows when a new version goes public, not even beta testers.

No one who knows what features will be included or not included, not even beta testers.

You can get your updates done fast, or you can get them done right.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 08:18 #47923

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
I get that, it would help to see or hear if any of my suggestions made it through the maze of Apple feedback moderators, I am sure 99.99% end up in the deleted feedback pile!

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 08:20 #47924

No one knows when a new version goes public, not even beta testers.
No one who knows what features will be included or not included, not even beta testers.
You can get your updates done fast, or you can get them done right.

That is 100% correct.

- Ronny

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 08:20 #47925

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
What is bugging me is this report that Apple has or is in the process of developing an internal media production "team", if it exists, do they use 10.1.1 or a super secret 10.2 version or even something outside of Apple..???

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 08:33 #47926

It would help to see or hear if any of my suggestions made it through the maze of Apple feedback moderators, I am sure 99.99% end up in the deleted feedback pile!

If your feedback is based on practical testing and experience, and it is sustained by accurate data and examples, your feedback will be taken extremely seriously. In the past year we have submitted tons of suggestions and we have had direct response from people at Apple for most of them. We even have sent them drives with projects and media so they could test our findings. All these things take time to implement, and I'm sure we will find some of our suggestions in future updates. But I never expect any company to write their software exclusively for me.

The internal media production team is solely for their advertising department, it has nothing to do with FCP X. It does not even matter what software they use, as long as they make lovely ads B)

- Ronny