fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...

TOPIC:

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 13:59 #47960

I did not know that! Cheers Tom :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 14:00 #47961

PLEASE!

And yes, remove attributes is near the top of my list. Not a sexy new feature, but much needed.

One process feature I'd also like to see is keywords show up in Text string searches. If you have a LOT of keywords, then going thru the process of manually checking and unchecking them can be a hassle.

Last edit: by Disproportionate Pictures.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 14:09 #47962

• Daniel Rutledge
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.
  • Thank you received: 10
Absolutely. I always find this frustrating.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 14:18 #47963

• anickt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 74
You can select multiple clips and remove effects or re-set attributes in the inspector. Curious as to how you would like to see this implemented apart from that.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 14:34 #47964

• tpayton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131

That is my number 1 complaint about FCP X, the feedback needs to be updated to include pdf/jpg/png and MOV

If you would like to send files or movies along with FCPX feedback, just upload them to cloud storage and include a link.

Regarding your perception that Apple doesn't respond to feedback, if you would read through this thread and other comments on fcp.co you will see that there are many folks who have clearly said they have heard from Apple in response to a feedback post.

In the 10.1 update, I have found about a dozen fixes/solutions to very obscure bugs/feature requests that I have made. However, because there are tens of thousands of us FCPX editors I can't say it was my bug report that did it, but as it works with any other company/person, the more feedback they receive on a certain issue, the more attention it will get. So just because you don't get a response doesn't mean that they are not hearing you, more likely you are reporting something that many others are reporting and they are in fact on it.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 14:36 #47965

• Dave_EP
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 36
Apple definitely takes both bug reports and feature requests seriously.

I've had contact from Apple on both bug reports and requesting clarification of feature requests over the last year.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 17 Jun 2014 14:44 #47966

You can select multiple clips and remove effects or re-set attributes in the inspector. Curious as to how you would like to see this implemented apart from that.

Attributes are more then effects, they are also motion parameters and volume etc.

And your solution of selecting multiple clips only works if they have the same effects.

Having the same Dialogue box that we have Now for pasting attributes (with the checkboxes) but for removal would be very handy.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 17 Jun 2014 14:49 #47967

Attributes are more then effects, they are also motion parameters and volume etc.

And your solution of selecting multiple clips only works if they have the same effects.

Having the same Dialogue box that we have Now for pasting attributes (with the checkboxes) but for removal would be very handy.

Words from my mouth :)

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 17 Jun 2014 15:54 #47970

Couldn't agree more too: one of my main issues.

If I have a range of clips with different effects - or attributes - on them, say some Neat Video here, a bit of Twixtor there, and a Magic Bullet Look on them all: Inspector will order them on different levels, and if for example, I wanted to remove the Look from all of them (maybe changed mind and wanted to add a different one), if there is another attribute or effect on one of the clips that meant the 'Look' is above or below it in Inspector, it won't remove the 'Look' from that clip. Very, very frustrating. We had it simple in FCP7, they went half way with the pasting attributes box in FCPX, but not the whole way of allowing us to remove it!

Eternally just so very, very close! :unsure:

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 17 Jun 2014 17:07 #47974

• tpayton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BTW. We are currently at 151 days. The longest between FCPX updates so far.

fcpx.tv/Pages/updatetimer.html

Last edit: by tpayton.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 17 Jun 2014 17:15 #47975

• cseeman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 74
The longer they take the higher my expectations.

I expect FCPX 10.1.2 to have a direct link to delivery.com and will order lunch for the client based on how I grade my shots.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 17 Jun 2014 17:17 #47976

Seems as though Apple is more interested in sending out iOS and OSX beta updates rather than FCPX updates:

www.macrumors.com/2014/06/17/apple-relea...developer-preview-2/

www.macrumors.com/2014/06/17/apple-relea...eta-2-to-developers/

Last edit: by daviddelreal.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 17 Jun 2014 17:21 #47977

Agreed! I'm kind of glad we've waited so long for an update. I'm hoping this thing actually hits on Thursday, after all this! And that it brings a whole host of bug fixes and new features/tweaks.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 17 Jun 2014 17:23 #47978

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I am in Durban, safe and warm...
  • Thank you received: 46
As we saw from WWDC, Aperture is only next year, so Pro Apps seems to be less of a must do it now concern for Apple...151 days is long...Hopefully it is only a few more hours left..

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 17:24 #47979

One other thing I'd like would be a 'reveal affiliated clips' menu option. Something I could also give a key command to. I know we have the ability to use the timeline index for a similar purpose, but it'd be nice to have it back at our finger tips again. A right click menu and a key command would be ace!

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSIONm 17 Jun 2014 17:25 #47980

• tpayton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
One thing I have learned following Apple is that they plan like crazy. They don't react to competitors products and announcements, or do things on a whim. I remember when folks were saying that Apple was irrelevant because they didn't release a netbook. Now netbooks are nowhere and Tablets (and the iPad specifically) are king.

I wouldn't read anything into a delay. It may seem like slowness on our end, but that is just our perspective.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 17:50 #47981

• alex4D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 246
As the OS X Yosemite Developer Preview 2 weighs in at 5.09 GB, I'd be surprised if Apple update Final Cut today - what with a few hundred thousand downloading that much over the next few hours.

@jfierberg of Twitter says that this new version is more compatible with Final Cut Pro X and other pro apps.

Pity! I hoped the ProApps team would want to release a new version soon to make it more compatible with OS X Yosemite!

@Alex4D

developer.apple.com/devcenter/mac/index.action

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 17:51 #47982

• tpayton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

at 5.09 GB, I'd be surprised if Apple update Final Cut today - what with a few hundred thousand downloading that much over the next few hours.

"She can handle it captain!"

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 18:03 #47983

As the OS X Yosemite Developer Preview 2 weighs in at 5.09 GB, I'd be surprised if Apple update Final Cut today - what with a few hundred thousand downloading that much over the next few hours....

True for first time downloaders. I think most (not all) of today's downloaders are downloading the 1.16GB flavor (update).

Last edit: by daviddelreal.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 17 Jun 2014 18:04 #47984

• JasonP
  • Thank you received: 17
As long as Apple makes keyframing functional, I will be super happy with whatever else is in the update.