- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 1
3 Post Moderation Rule for New Boarders (25 Jan 2021)
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
18 Dec 2013 01:18 #36244
by MatAFilm
Replied by MatAFilm on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
I'd imagine that Tim Cook being at the White House had something to do with it. A major release (and no matter what your opinion of the Mac Pro and FCP X may be, they are both major releases) would most likely be something he wanted to be in on..
The topic has been locked.
18 Dec 2013 10:21 #36268
by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
Is today the day?
Some facts:
So, there is a fair chance something happens today. But, I'm getting less and less optimistic. What do you guys think? Do we have to wait until 31 dec? :pinch:
Some facts:
- The Store regularly goes down on Wednesdays (25 times since January 2010)
- The Store regularly goes down on Wednesdays (25 times since January 2010)
- The average Store downtime is about 3 hours and 2 minutes
- The last Store downtime is 1 hour and 15 minutes
So, there is a fair chance something happens today. But, I'm getting less and less optimistic. What do you guys think? Do we have to wait until 31 dec? :pinch:
The topic has been locked.
- Scrubelicious
-
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1228
- Thank you received: 114
18 Dec 2013 11:17 #36272
by Scrubelicious
Replied by Scrubelicious on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
I will go in and say nothing is coming today.
The topic has been locked.
- yourguitarworkshop
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 3
18 Dec 2013 11:54 #36273
by yourguitarworkshop
Replied by yourguitarworkshop on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
I might risk losing my inside source at apple HQ but because everyone is so anxious about getting this update and/or Mac Pro I'm willing to go out on a limb here: according to my source (executive @ Apple) the macpro and FCPX 10.1 are coming in december... ...when I asked him december in 2013? He said december was all he could say. So at least we know which month meaning if it doesn't come in 2013 there's a good chance we'll get it december 2014, probably a tuesday I think.
The topic has been locked.
Less
More
- Posts: 971
- Thank you received: 46
18 Dec 2013 11:57 #36274
by MsJustine
Replied by MsJustine on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
How difficult can it be to just upload the update? Or are my 10 000 feedback posts holding up updates??
Justine
Justine
The topic has been locked.
- Tom Wolsky
-
- Offline
- Moderator
-
18 Dec 2013 12:00 #36275
by Tom Wolsky
Replied by Tom Wolsky on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
We're out of Tuesdays I think, unless you expect an upload to the App Store and a rebuild of the Apple online store on Christmas Eve or on New Year's Eve.
The topic has been locked.
- Disproportionate Pictures
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1433
- Thank you received: 64
18 Dec 2013 12:06 #36276
by Disproportionate Pictures
Replied by Disproportionate Pictures on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
You guys know me- I'm ALWAYS pushing the mantra of Tuesdays. But I agree with Tom- the next two are out. We may see an exception to the "Tuesday rule" if they want to get these products out the door.
The topic has been locked.
18 Dec 2013 13:01 #36277
by sidderke
Replied by sidderke on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
Jeff Killgroe at the RED forum said yesterday, and I quote:
"Mac Pros are actually here. Resellers are taking delivery of the stock configs! Today! Authorized business sales resellers and business sales reps at Apple Stores can take orders for them starting today!
No official word on CTO pricing or the systems going online on the Apple Web store. Indicators seem to be saying tomorrow or thursday.
…Just thought y'all should know. MacRumors and similar news sites are failing on this. Sad, really sad."
"Mac Pros are actually here. Resellers are taking delivery of the stock configs! Today! Authorized business sales resellers and business sales reps at Apple Stores can take orders for them starting today!
No official word on CTO pricing or the systems going online on the Apple Web store. Indicators seem to be saying tomorrow or thursday.
…Just thought y'all should know. MacRumors and similar news sites are failing on this. Sad, really sad."
The topic has been locked.
18 Dec 2013 13:02 #36278
by anickt
Replied by anickt on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
So my app store icon is showing 4 updates. Woo hoo!! Let's see now...
Raw Camera update....
iMovie update.... (that I already have!)
iPhoto update.... (that I already have!)
FCP X update to......... 10.0.9??!!! (yes - I already have it..)
Oh well.......... :blink:
Raw Camera update....
iMovie update.... (that I already have!)
iPhoto update.... (that I already have!)
FCP X update to......... 10.0.9??!!! (yes - I already have it..)
Oh well.......... :blink:
The topic has been locked.
- Habernigvideo
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
18 Dec 2013 13:40 #36279
by Habernigvideo
Replied by Habernigvideo on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
The topic has been locked.
18 Dec 2013 13:52 #36280
by sconnor99
Replied by sconnor99 on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
Apple must have felt our disappointment from yesterday!
The topic has been locked.
Less
More
- Posts: 971
- Thank you received: 46
18 Dec 2013 13:54 #36281
by MsJustine
Replied by MsJustine on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
Nope, still says no new updates!!! If Apple wanted to make us feel better, I would be busy with updating to 10.1....
The topic has been locked.
18 Dec 2013 14:07 #36282
by alex4D
Replied by alex4D on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
So Final Cut Pro X 10.1 will need be available when people first get their new Mac Pros
Order Now
Available to Ship
4-6 weeks
@Alex4D
Order Now
Available to Ship
4-6 weeks
@Alex4D
The topic has been locked.
18 Dec 2013 14:31 #36286
by LOL
Are you saying its available for order now? Where? Shipping 4-6 weeks, where are you seeing this?
Replied by LOL on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
alex4D wrote: Order Now
Available to Ship
4-6 weeks
Are you saying its available for order now? Where? Shipping 4-6 weeks, where are you seeing this?
The topic has been locked.
18 Dec 2013 14:34 #36287
by Slimmrock
Replied by Slimmrock on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
The term 'available to order' does make me worried, why not just put 'available'
If it's only to order from tomorrow, then they won't ship before the new year.
10.1 only ever said coming alongside the new Mac Pro....
We may still have some waiting to do
If it's only to order from tomorrow, then they won't ship before the new year.
10.1 only ever said coming alongside the new Mac Pro....
We may still have some waiting to do
The topic has been locked.
- CBlakeston
-
- Offline
- Elite Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 175
- Thank you received: 5
18 Dec 2013 14:36 #36288
by CBlakeston
Replied by CBlakeston on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
It will be amusing after all this If the new FCPX doesn't drop till late January as the first Mac Pros arrive.
The topic has been locked.
18 Dec 2013 14:38 #36289
by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
The topic has been locked.
- Habernigvideo
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
18 Dec 2013 14:38 #36290
by Habernigvideo
Replied by Habernigvideo on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
I would expect Fcpx 10.1 to be available either today or tomorrow then. It's been almost 14 months since the last feature update, I think waiting until almost February for the big update would drive people nuts.
The lack of fcpx in the PR is a little concerning.
The lack of fcpx in the PR is a little concerning.
The topic has been locked.
18 Dec 2013 14:39 #36291
by Topher5
Replied by Topher5 on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
The topic has been locked.
- CBlakeston
-
- Offline
- Elite Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 175
- Thank you received: 5
18 Dec 2013 14:47 #36292
by CBlakeston
Replied by CBlakeston on topic FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
It would make more sense to leave it till next year though rather then ship a (major?) update in the days leading into the holiday. Wouldn't it?
The topic has been locked.




