- Posts: 868
- Thank you received: 85
3 Post Moderation Rule for New Boarders (25 Jan 2021)
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
FCPX 10.0.9 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
10.0.9 in mid June.
10.??? in mid Sept is 3 months and mid Oct is 4 months. The October update might just focus on GPU resources use.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
I don't think the Mac Pro version will be counted in that.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Disproportionate Pictures
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 1433
- Thank you received: 64
In other update news. During the MacPro introduction at the keynote, Phil Schiller mentioned that FCPX would be updated to co-inside with the MacPro release, to optimize performance. And on Apple's website:
This has led several people to theorize on the COW that we won't see another update until the MacPro launches later this year [Oct-Nov?]. I find that a bit tough to swallow, considering that would be 7 months since 10.0.8, and pretty much a year since the last big feature update with 10.0.6 last October.
Personally, I'm inclined to think we'll see a feature update next and not too long from now, then when the MacPro is launched, a maintenance update with the 4K and GPU support that the MacPro requires. That would be in keeping with how they handled the Retina support in 10.0.5.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
However, I would imagine that any big powerful features would be released with the MacPro update. In the mean time we will continue to see regular updates. The MacPro update will probably be like the 10.0.6 update with a few major features that will really impress the "pro" users.
FCPX does everything I need right now, so any updates that introduce something new are just icing on the cake.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- TrixTrax9000
-
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 1213
- Thank you received: 142
Mmmm... I'm excited.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- mgreynolds
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Disproportionate Pictures
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 1433
- Thank you received: 64
That said. Next week will be 3 months since 10.0.8 was released. So a 10.0.9 is theoretically possible anytime from here forward. And we've had two maintenance updates in a row since last October- so there's been lots of time for development of new features and functionality.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Chris Wilby
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- TrixTrax9000
-
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 1213
- Thank you received: 142
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- finalbug.net
-
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Absence of Quality is the essence of squareness.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- finalbug.net
-
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Absence of Quality is the essence of squareness.
www.firepros.com/
They claim to have 24-Hour Emergency Service.
But on a serious note :
www.amd.com/us/products/workstation/grap...r-solutions-dcc.aspx
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Disproportionate Pictures
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 1433
- Thank you received: 64
So update watch can officially begin!
Just to give us an outside timeframe- the longest update interval so far has been 134 days between 10.0.5 and 10.0.6.
Pessimistically then, 134 days after the March 28th release of 10.0.8 would be about AUGUST 8th.
I'm betting we won't have to wait that long, since the last two updates have been mostly maintenance. And I certainly don't think we'll have to wait until the "later this year" OSX10.9/MacPro launch for an update.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Scrubelicious
-
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 1228
- Thank you received: 114
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Scrubelicious
-
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 1228
- Thank you received: 114
As Apple mentioned the next will be coming with the new Mac Pro which also mean new OS. You guys think we might no Snow Leopard support for the next FCPX update? :dry:
Just saying...
Please Log in to join the conversation.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Disproportionate Pictures
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 1433
- Thank you received: 64
The MacPro and OSX 10.9 might not launch until much later this year. It could be as late as October.
An event and the release of iOS7 and the next iPhone(s) is likely a higher priority and would come first in September.
So we're left with two possibilities-
Either we don't see an update of any real substance until Sept/Oct, when Apple releases 10.9 and the MacPro (and if we're lucky LogicX and Motion6/X). Ostensibly, this would be about a YEAR since the last feature release.
Or we see a feature update soon with 10.0.9 and 10.1 is still a ways off, meaning Apple is content to push out another point update with the MacPro including the performance enhancements they've mentioned. And we continue with 10.0.10, 10.0.11, etc into the future until Apple is ready for a paid 10.1 update.
Please Log in to join the conversation.


