fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...

TOPIC:

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 22 Sep 2012 11:03 #14303

• Mals82
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone! New here, but been following your discussion for a while. Just wanted to add that maybe the update has been taking a while not only because of iphone 5 and IOS 6 but mainly because of the release of OS X 10.8.2, which came out just a few days ago. I'm guessing they were waiting to get it done so fcpx's development team could test for compatibility and stability issues. Hoping they won't need more than a week or two to finalize testing and give us the update! :) By the way, having moved to Mountain Lion 10.8.2, I noticed the famous bug with color profiles has returned, making the app crash if you hit play on any clip when using any monitor color profile other than the built -in one...Very annoying, hoping the next release will definitely fix this!!!
The topic has been locked.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 22 Sep 2012 12:02 #14308

It's been debated here before whether iOS development in any way impacts the FCPX release schedule. I personally don't think so. They're two different development teams, and two different end user groups. A new release of FCPX is never going to make it on the front page of Apple's site again, so they don't need to worry about if they release both that FCPX is going to "overshadow" it's consumer efforts.

As for Mountain Lion, I have no idea how these point release updates impact compatibility. Major releases definitely, but each 10.8.x realease...?

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 22 Sep 2012 13:01 #14311

It's been debated here before whether iOS development in any way impacts the FCPX release schedule. I personally don't think so. They're two different development teams, and two different end user groups. A new release of FCPX is never going to make it on the front page of Apple's site again, so they don't need to worry about if they release both that FCPX is going to "overshadow" it's consumer efforts.

As for Mountain Lion, I have no idea how these point release updates impact compatibility. Major releases definitely, but each 10.8.x realease...?

Yes and no. The iOS and FCP team are pretty independent. As for the OS release I don't ether think this will affect any FCP updates since it has to be compatible across the board.
I only thing I can say is I don't know when the update is coming. :dry: But it is coming soon. :whistle:
The only thing that I am worried about is will be the first purchased update. :sick:

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 22 Sep 2012 13:18 #14312

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
I can assure you the "pro apps dev team" works independently no matter what else is going on, they are not effected, plain and simple. Programming is a very slow process, and they have a very long To-Do list, that's all there is to it.

No paid updates in the Mac App Store.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 22 Sep 2012 13:27 #14313

Then it might not be a update. Just a newer Version... wouldn't that also be a updated version?? :blink:

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 22 Sep 2012 13:32 #14314

• Mals82
  • Thank you received: 0
I agree with all of you that ios and fcpx are totally independent, however apple may have wanted to release separately each update in order to get appropriate attention/buzz for each. As for the os update i also agree there won't be any compatibility issues, but stability might be affected, so i guess that was my real point. It would make sense imo if they wanted to check everything works ok with the latest os release, as it has been known that any updates to a program or an os can affect performance...And having seen the plethora of stability problems with fcpx people are having they might want to be extra careful with the next release, that's all 'im saying. Anyway, hope it comes soon and has plenty of good things!

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 22 Sep 2012 13:46 #14316

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
There are no more updates ever, Apple will drop all products except the iPhone, the sun will explode*, we will all die, end of story...

* The sun going nova will cost $19.99, requires OS 10.8.1 or later, only be available through the online Apple store, with a 3 week shipping date.
Last edit: by BenB.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 22 Sep 2012 14:44 #14317

@Mals82. That's the thing, though. FCPX isn't competing for buzz with Apples other products, except maybe other MacAppStore releases. And even then, the MAS layout is designed to be able to feature multiple software releases at a time.

Regarding "paid updates". Ben's right, they don't exist and if they are coming, it won't be until the next OS release now, or after WWDC 2013. For now, either it's going to continue to be free updates, or a brand new product for a single price, like the recent SketchbookPro release. But this next one won't be paid. It's not the type of features that would justify it.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 22 Sep 2012 15:05 #14318

Its all relative, fortunately or unfortunately Apple is a powerful company. I would tend to think they do things intentionally. :ohmy:

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 22 Sep 2012 18:25 #14323

Ben,

Your statement is wrong, I can think of two occasions where people have been drafted from the team to work on other projects.

Not saying it is happening now, but it has happened in the past.

Peter
Administrator

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 22 Sep 2012 21:34 #14325

• Seanus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Sean Lander - Rednail Media
  • Thank you received: 76
Yes I've heard the same thing. And isn't it Randy Ubillos who is behind FCP X.? The same guy who comes out on stage to demo iMovie on the iPhone?

Also I remember reading that Apple is run like a small startup .
Sean Lander - Editing since 1982 - AVID 1991 - FCP 1999 - FCPX 2011

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 23 Sep 2012 00:20 #14329

Randy Ubillos is (via his Facebook page) Chief Architect - Video Applications · May 1998 to present. So I don't think it should surprise anyone that there's crossover between the teams working on FCPX, iMovie(Mac), and iMovie(iOS). They definitely share some common visual language and core concepts, so it only makes sense.

I also remember him demoing iPhoto for iPad at this year's event too, so he may be somewhat involved in the overall direction of iPhoto and Aperture as well.

It used on be that Final Cut Pro Legacy concepts would slowly filter down to Express and iMovie. But now I think it's going to be interesting to see how that relationship becomes more cyclical in the next few years. I still don't think we know exactly which program came first in development, iMovie '09 or FCPX; but very probably iMovie on the Mac's development was fairly symbiotic with FCPX's between 2009 and it's 2011 release. As well, iMovie on the iPad is certainly very valuable for testing touchscreen concepts that might eventually find their way into FCPX. And I'm sure premier FCPX features will continue to find their way down to iMovie on both platforms in a simplified form. It's an interesting virtuous circle that could make for some really interesting functionality and UI innovation.
Last edit: by Disproportionate Pictures.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 24 Sep 2012 16:37 #14360

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
FCP X is where it is, it'll never be updated again, what we have is it, final, finished, that's all folks. Why do you think there's not been an update so far? They're done with it!

I'm going back to Windows Media Maker...

Every time someone shares this post, $100 will go to the MonoSyphiliRrhea Foundation.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 24 Sep 2012 16:59 #14362

whats the point of that...and why would you even risk saying that publicly? ...if a new update comes out all your "theoretical based" credibility goes down the drain...

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 24 Sep 2012 17:08 #14363

Ben's snark level has been steadily increasing over the past month.

The only person who's short term credibility has been blown is me!

At this point though I'm just intensely curious as to what's coming down the pipe.

Hey! Tomorrow's Tuesday again! It's like playing the lottery.

Anyone want to make bets on a date at this point?

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 24 Sep 2012 17:14 #14364

Hahaha, I'll bet that at least the next major update is completely dependent on the next Mac pro that will come out...

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 24 Sep 2012 17:21 #14367

• cseeman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 64
I will be waiting for the fateful day, Dec 21, 2012 , the Mayan calendar interpreted end of the world. The Tuesday before, Dec 18. FCPX 10.0.6 will be released and I will know the interpretation of the Mayan calendar is wrong. Apple's release of the next update to FCPX will have been timed to prove them wrong. FCPX downloads will soar passed 100 Million as proof that the world will continue. A new religion will be born. There will no longer be arguments about whether FCPX is suited for "Pro" it'll be de rigor for anyone who believes the world will continue. There will be heated theological arguments though, on the meaning of the trackless timeline.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 24 Sep 2012 17:22 #14368

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
I'll bet against anything anyone bets on. It's Monday, I'm in a "mood"...

If you didn't "get" my last post, well, I got a bridge to sell you.

I bet it will only run on the next generation of Intel CPUs that haven't been developed yet.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 24 Sep 2012 17:24 #14369

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

I will be waiting for the fateful day, Dec 21, 2012 , the Mayan calendar interpreted end of the world. The Tuesday before, Dec 18. FCPX 10.0.6 will be released and I will know the interpretation of the Mayan calendar is wrong. Apple's release of the next update to FCPX will have been timed to prove them wrong. FCPX downloads will soar passed 100 Million as proof that the world will continue. A new religion will be born. There will no longer be arguments about whether FCPX is suited for "Pro" it'll be de rigor for anyone who believes the world will continue. There will be heated theological arguments though, on the meaning of the trackless timeline.

Then on the 19th the sun goes nova... :lol:

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 24 Sep 2012 17:25 #14370

I guess these creative thoughts fit in when people become obsessed with things of this sort...all in good fun....

"it takes two to tango..." by ???

"Cure for obsession. Get another one." Mason Cooley