fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...

TOPIC:

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 03:13 #14513

Hmm. Larry Jordan claims otherwise. According to him, Apple told him that the next update will have:

- Multichannel Audio Editing Tools
- Dual Viewers
- MXF Plug-in Support
- RED camera support

www.macrumors.com/2012/04/15/apple-revea...ed-support-and-more/
The topic has been locked.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 03:49 #14516

"Next Update" isn't mentioned. Only "2012". We've already had one update since Larry Jordan wrote that article (10.0.5 on June11th).

NOW some of us think it will be the "next" update based on the reasons I stated above. But no timing other than 2012 can be attributed to anyone who had a meeting with Apple at NAB.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 07:07 #14519

Hmm. Larry Jordan claims otherwise. According to him, Apple told him that the next update will have:

- Dual Viewers
- MXF Plug-in Support
- RED camera support

Well, I would even say that it's claimed by Aplle itself www.apple.com/finalcutpro/whats-new/

New Features Coming Later This Year
Multichannel audio editing tools
Dual viewers
MXF plug-in support
RED camera support

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 07:24 #14520

"The song it claims to be loading up, "From Here On Out" is by KMFDM off their WWIII album, which was released in 2003. At least that's as close to the title of a song as I can find. You'd think they'd use something more modern by someone more well known, eh?"

It could be a reference to an unreleased song from The Killers
Last edit: by BenLister.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 09:24 #14521

"Although Apple is on record as saying the next update to X will include enhanced audio functionality"

No, Apple has never claimed "the next update to X" will have anything. They've in fact never commented on "the next update to X" at all, except that there will eventually be one.

If that is the case then I guess this is a big mistake from Apple.
Posting:

Dual viewers
MXF plug-in support
RED camera support

www.apple.com/finalcutpro/whats-new/ look at the bottom of the page... :silly:
Last edit: by Scrubelicious.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 09:25 #14522

When scaled, the splash screens line up:

However, although Apple bought the makers of Logic Pro in 2002, Logic itself is much older...
Still could be photoshop. Not saying it is or not. I kinda hope it isn't. ;)

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 14:11 #14526

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278

If that is the case then I guess this is a big mistake from Apple.
Posting:

Dual viewers
MXF plug-in support
RED camera support

Exactly, "later this year", not "the next update". Very different messages. We can "assume" it will be the next update since there's not much time for more than one for 2012. So my statement is true, Apple never said "the next update".

An Larry Jordan claim Apple told him "during 2012", not the next update. Very different statements.
Last edit: by BenB.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 14:16 #14527

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

"Next Update" isn't mentioned. Only "2012". We've already had one update since Larry Jordan wrote that article (10.0.5 on June11th).

NOW some of us think it will be the "next" update based on the reasons I stated above. But no timing other than 2012 can be attributed to anyone who had a meeting with Apple at NAB.

Exactly what I was saying. But hey, feel free to jump down my throat about anything you wish.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 14:23 #14528

• Seanus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Sean Lander - Rednail Media
  • Thank you received: 76

- Dual Viewers
- MXF Plug-in Support
- RED camera support

Well, I would even say that it's claimed by Aplle itself www.apple.com/finalcutpro/whats-new/

Dual viewers
MXF plug-in support
RED camera support

Yes this is what has me thinking.
"Multi channel editing TOOLS'"
A tool called Logic. Maybe there will be Logic Express for FCP X?
I know if I was Apple this is how I'd do it. No point in bloating a piece of software with tools that only 10% of its users will care about.
Sean Lander - Editing since 1982 - AVID 1991 - FCP 1999 - FCPX 2011

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 14:58 #14530

Exactly what I was saying. But hey, feel free to jump down my throat about anything you wish.

Actually I was totally agreeing with you. It seems like a couple people here are confusing "2012" with "Next Update". It's clear it didn't come in the next update because the next update was 10.0.5.

Anyways- this discussion is quickly disappearing down a rabbit hole...

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 15:03 #14531

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Yes, I was agreeing with you, too, Dis.

Well, no new speculations, no new thoughts, no news at all, this thread is going stale (and down a rabbit hole) until the next update actually hits.

But I'll throw this in to the mix. All of the critisism about FCP X, I've begun trolling MC and PPro support forums, and they have just as many complaints about those apps and what they lack or don't do well or how their unstable. No difference to me.

But yes, I'm going to lay back and just wait. In the mean time, I have work to do with 10.0.5 for my clients and students. Round of drinks on me!

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 15:04 #14532

Yes this is what has me thinking.
"Multi channel editing TOOLS'"
A tool called Logic. Maybe there will be Logic Express for FCP X?
I know if I was Apple this is how I'd do it. No point in bloating a piece of software with tools that only 10% of its users will care about.

The whole point of the list is updates to Final Cut Pro X. They're not going to put an item on that list that's an entirely other program. That's just silly.

If they were going to do that, then they would have had "Import legacy FCP7 projects to FCPX" and "Export audio to ProTools" in their 10.0.3 list. But they didn't list those things, because that functionality wasn't added to FCPX. They were 3rd party programs (7toX and X2Pro)

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 15:38 #14535

• cseeman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 73
I believe Larry Jordan alluded to another program being released as well based on his interpretation of his talk with Apple. I think Apple will make improvements to the audio features in FCPX. It's speculative that the XML would be improved to do round tripping with Logic Pro X. It's speculative that Logic Pro X might be the program being referred to. I don't think these are unreasonable speculations but that's what they are.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 15:45 #14538

If Apple wants to position LogicX as a pseudo replacement for SoundrackPro, then that's fine. But it won't be an ESSENTIAL component.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 20:11 #14556

Exactly, "later this year", not "the next update". Very different messages. We can "assume" it will be the next update since there's not much time for more than one for 2012. So my statement is true, Apple never said "the next update".

An Larry Jordan claim Apple told him "during 2012", not the next update. Very different statements.

Your right since we already had one update but I think... :evil:

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 21:51 #14563

• Seanus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Sean Lander - Rednail Media
  • Thank you received: 76

If Apple wants to position LogicX as a pseudo replacement for SoundrackPro, then that's fine. But it won't be an ESSENTIAL component.

Agreed. It's not an essential part of my workflow. I'm quite happy with the way things work currently.
It's no different my workflow in FCP 7 where I do all my mixing using the level and waveforms on the actual tracks. I only use the mixer to observe individual levels.
Sean Lander - Editing since 1982 - AVID 1991 - FCP 1999 - FCPX 2011

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 22:36 #14564

While we know that Apple is working on a Logic followup, the screen-cap of a LogicX startup screen is likely fake.

editingwhiz.com/2012/09/26/logic-pro-x-launch-screen/

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 23:11 #14567

While we know that Apple is working on a Logic followup, the screen-cap of a LogicX startup screen is likely fake.

editingwhiz.com/2012/09/26/logic-pro-x-launch-screen/

A Quote from editingwhiz.com

It reads “registered in the U.S. and other contries [sic].” The word “countries” is misspelled. So it would seem like this is a fan-made screen. But, it’s not a far-fetched idea. Apple could actually be making Logic Pro X. We’ll just have to wait and see. Thank you to Nico Masi for pointing that out.

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 27 Sep 2012 23:38 #14572

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 279
It will be nice when a release finally comes out so Peter can delete this thread and get 20% of his server back ;-)
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Re: FCPX 10.0.6 Pre Release Discussion Thread 28 Sep 2012 02:10 #14575

Which will be followed quickly by the POST RELEASE DISCUSSION THREAD.

But I promise I won't start a 10.0.7 thread for at least 2 months!