fbpx
3 Post Moderation Rule for New Boarders (25 Jan 2021)

New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.

FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION

More
03 Dec 2013 22:31 #35103 by daviddelreal
Rats! Well, I guess we'll have to wait another week. I'd be very surprised if they released anything tomorrow or Thursday, most likely next Tuesday now.
The topic has been locked.
More
03 Dec 2013 22:34 - 03 Dec 2013 22:38 #35104 by Disproportionate Pictures
It depends. If they're waiting on the MacPro- then perhaps we could still see a coordinated release later this week.

But my own stats say feature releases are Tuesdays (so far). So next Tuesday is the most reasonable assumption now.

I agree. Rats!

Anyone else see the update badge on the MAS and then crushing disappointment when you see it was Remote Desktop?
Last edit: 03 Dec 2013 22:38 by Disproportionate Pictures.
The topic has been locked.
More
03 Dec 2013 23:22 #35105 by tpayton
Apple does everything for a reason. They could announce at any time that they are taking orders for the Mac Pro and then ship in a week or so, and hence give us 10.1. I'm sure they are all chomping at the bit about it, just like we are.

We are learning patience. ;)
The topic has been locked.
More
03 Dec 2013 23:45 #35106 by CBlakeston
Here's a crazy thought. What if the new FCPX update needs 10.9.1 as a minimum :D
The topic has been locked.
More
03 Dec 2013 23:48 #35107 by daviddelreal

CBlakeston wrote: Here's a crazy thought. What if the new FCPX update needs 10.9.1 as a minimum :D


Was just thinking the same thing and just saw that this just got posted:

www.macrumors.com/2013/12/03/apple-seeds...13b40-to-developers/
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Dec 2013 00:02 #35109 by Vlastavision
That's possible considering that Logic X required the latest version of Mountain Lion when it launched, if I remember correctly... I'm sure that I had to update the OS X to the latest version before installing Logic X. If that is the case then Apple will certainly launch both updates at the same time. Hopefully we won't have to wait more than one week to find out.
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Dec 2013 00:15 #35110 by Darren Roark
Since I couldn't get a new Mac Pro, I got this to tide me over.
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Dec 2013 00:22 #35111 by soarininmotion
LOL, sell that and you can get all the Mac Pro's you want!
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Dec 2013 00:33 #35112 by Vlastavision
I got something similar, and I'm just contemplating keeping it instead of the Mac Pro... Plus, it is internally expandable! :)
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Dec 2013 01:01 #35113 by Julian

daviddelreal wrote:

CBlakeston wrote: Here's a crazy thought. What if the new FCPX update needs 10.9.1 as a minimum :D


Was just thinking the same thing and just saw that this just got posted:

www.macrumors.com/2013/12/03/apple-seeds...13b40-to-developers/

Yeah, I don't think that Apple will want to release a new Mac Pro and then update the software, but it's not like it really matters... OCD Apple.
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Dec 2013 01:21 #35114 by daviddelreal

Vlastavision wrote: ...Hopefully we won't have to wait more than one week to find out.


It's gonna be a long week...
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Dec 2013 03:29 #35116 by airmax32
does it come out this monday (dec.9)? How about motion and compressor? Do we get new versions of those two apps?
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Dec 2013 03:32 #35117 by daviddelreal

airmax32 wrote: does it come out this monday (dec.9)? How about motion and compressor? Do we get new versions of those two apps?


Probably next Tuesday the 10th.
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Dec 2013 03:32 #35118 by Disproportionate Pictures
The next date to look for is Tues December 10th.

Motion with very likely receive and update too. Compressor certainly needs one. We might get updates to Logic and Aperture as well.
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Dec 2013 04:40 #35121 by cgbier

Disproportionate Pictures wrote: "Tuesday is coming." ;)

Tuesday's gone - with the wind :(
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Dec 2013 06:14 #35123 by Julian

cgbier wrote:

Disproportionate Pictures wrote: "Tuesday is coming." ;)

Tuesday's gone - with the wind :(

Fortunately there's an endless supy of Tuesdays.
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Dec 2013 09:06 #35127 by Scrubelicious
I just released something on the Mac Pro which we are desperate waiting for ...before the 15th... or will not happen :(

But they never mentioned what year! :unsure:
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Dec 2013 12:17 #35131 by cgbier

Julian wrote:

cgbier wrote:

Disproportionate Pictures wrote: "Tuesday is coming." ;)

Tuesday's gone - with the wind :(

Fortunately there's an endless supy of Tuesdays.

Yep, and Lynyrd Skynyrd is not completely dead yet. :cheer:
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Dec 2013 16:02 #35133 by Russ Haskell

Disproportionate Pictures wrote: The next date to look for is Tues December 10th.

Motion with very likely receive and update too. Compressor certainly needs one. We might get updates to Logic and Aperture as well.


I'm optimistic (hopeful) about getting a strong Motion update. While Compressor is long overdue for one, it wouldn't surprise me to see it go away as a separate application and replaced by an expansion of FCP encoding options.

Russ
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Dec 2013 16:22 #35134 by Disproportionate Pictures
As long as they can fold Compressor into FCP and not have it put any load on real-time performance for the editor while he's working- that would probably be fine.
The topic has been locked.