fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...

TOPIC:

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 22 Jun 2012 23:13 #10172

• cgbier
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 53
The further north you go in Europe, the worse the food gets.

Seems to be a cultural thing though. For southern Europeans eating has to do with socializing and enjoyment. In the colder north it is simply seen as intake of nutrients.....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by cgbier.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 24 Jun 2012 06:12 #10201

• BenB
  • BenB's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
"Blackened" anything is tourist food, not something locals here actually cook ourselves. Now, boiled crawfish or crabs, now we're talking....

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 24 Jun 2012 10:39 #10204

Here in Scotland, pretty far north in Europe, we have some of the best produce in the world and the food industry is booming with many top class restaurants and various other food establishments all over the place. I know Ireland is flooded with top class gastro too.

Langoustine
Kippers
Cullen Skink
Salmon
Grouse
Aberdeen Angus
Cranachan

Just to name a few local delicacies, we don't just do deep fried battered mars bars.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 24 Jun 2012 11:45 #10205

Here in Scotland, pretty far north in Europe, we have some of the best produce in the world and the food industry is booming with many top class restaurants and various other food establishments all over the place. I know Ireland is flooded with top class gastro too.

Langoustine
Kippers
Cullen Skink
Salmon
Grouse
Aberdeen Angus
Cranachan

Just to name a few local delicacies, we don't just do deep fried battered mars bars.

I think you're fighting an uphill battle there!

Last edit: by simonpwood.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 24 Jun 2012 11:58 #10206

Nice clip, I tried to keep haggis off the list, but a good quality haggis is hard to beat.

I try to introduce skeptics to it with Balmoral Chicken. Chicken stuffed with haggis, wrapped with bacon and served with a whisky and cream sauce, they soon change their mind.

I've also got a list of places I'd love to eat in the states from watching Man v's Food.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 24 Jun 2012 12:09 #10207

Here's a clip to either whet your appetite or wake you up. I couldn't find one that shows the traditional method, not sure what that would whet if I could.

Last edit: by NocoDave.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 24 Jun 2012 14:14 #10208

Man v Food is responsible for every meal time in our house the kids sit down and shout
" Hey Mum, run us through your patty!!!!" Hilarious first few times........
Don't get me started on Laverbread in Wales!!

Last edit: by Jimmyfinn.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 24 Jun 2012 21:36 #10221

Here in Canada we just see things on the ground that look good, we pick them up and eat them!

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 24 Jun 2012 22:33 #10226

So, only another day if to see if I'm correct about 10.0.6 launching on Tuesday.

For some reason, I don't believe Apple will demo unreleased features at LAFCPUG on Wednesday. That would seem to me to be something they only do with major point releases- like their appearances at NAB with FCS1 and 2, and FCPX. And not to besmirch the monthly LAFCPUG meetings, but I think a 10.1 release will merit a bigger venue, which I think will be NAB next year.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 25 Jun 2012 08:47 #10241

Apple has demoed unreleased features in Software before.

Final Cut Pro X was showed off weeks before the release.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 25 Jun 2012 11:49 #10250

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
OK, so at this point in time, I'm expecting an update tomorrow (Tuseday the 26th) and Apple to talk about what we just got, and can look forward to, and their commitment to "professionals" at LAFCPUG.

Or we get the LAFCPUG pep-talk and a release on July 2nd. This time they do it correctly and really blow us away not with just the pep-talk, but with the update, also. Sort of a way to make amends for the disaster they stirred up at NAB Show 2011.

Or we get the LAFCPUG pep-talk and no update release for another 3 months, which will piss off a LOTS of people. There's just way too much they need to get us ASAP to piss around like this.

The next few days will be very interesting.

But this is the least of my worries at the moment. Several days ago I was clearing some Kudzu from my property and learned the hard way that where there is Kudzu, there is Poison Ivy. Man, I'd rather have a heart attack while suffering pneumonia... ggggggrrrrr...

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 25 Jun 2012 13:20 #10253

@Scrubelicious. Exactly what I said. Major releases have been demoed pre-release in the past.

So based on past history, they could demo 10.1 for release later (doubtful), or they'll demo new features in a 10.0.6 that they release tomorrow. I'm not saying it's impossible that they could demo 10.0.X features in advance- it just hasn't happened before. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think we're just too early in the development of FCPX for a 10.1 release.

@BenB. Yup. Those are certainly all the options. I agree with you that Option #3 (talk about only what we have now and no update for another couple months) would be a serious misjudgement on their part. I'd say this would be impossible, but the mess around the MacPro @WWDC is proof they're not infallible in misjudging the reaction to these kinds of things.

Only a day or two before we know for sure either way.

Last edit: by Disproportionate Pictures.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 10:42 #10300

What was the usual time when the updates hit the App Store?

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 11:15 #10301

Time varies, but I remember it being after 9am ET. So at least another couple hours.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 13:23 #10305

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
It could be this afternoon, but I think most FCP X updates were mornings. From what I can remember, before noon Central time. If I don't see one by noon, I'm just going to figure Apple's FCP team is wacked out and very well (though I really hope the don't) may do a simple dog and pony show at LAFCP and not impress anyone at all.

Last edit: by BenB.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 13:37 #10308

It could be this afternoon, but I think most FCP X updates were mornings. From what I can remember, before noon Central time. If I don't see one by noon, I'm just going to figure Apple's FCP team is wacked out and very well (though I really hope the don't) may do a simple dog and pony show at LAFCP and not impress anyone at all.

Yeah that is true we could be getting a standard demo OR a update next week or when ever...

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 13:53 #10310

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
I guess we'll just have to wait for tomorrow night. Crossing my fingers Apple doesn't pull another NAB Show 2011 or "New" 2012 Mac Pro debacle.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 13:59 #10311

Yeah this could happen if the next update not ready but, why would they reserve a show if they have nothing to show?

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 14:08 #10313

• Seanus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Sean Lander - Rednail Media
  • Thank you received: 76
Well it's only LAFCPUG not exactly NAB. maybe they're just going to go over everything they've done over the last year. Wouldn't surprise me. Hope I'm wrong though.
Sean Lander - Editing since 1982 - AVID 1991 - FCP 1999 - FCPX 2011

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 14:10 #10314

I suppose the rational from their perspective could always be that they're still fighting against presumptions about FCPX that haven't been true for some time. Not long ago a guy on Twitter posted a list of things FCPX didn't do- ALL of which had been rectified by 10.0.3 in Feb.

If the LAFCPUG was filled with people who've largely ignored FCPX over the last year, there'd likely be a lot to say, even without new announcements. HOWEVER, LAFCPUG group meets monthly and IS kept up to date on FCPX development. So I do find it hard to believe that Apple would make a special appearance on the 1 YR anniversary of the software only to talk up features that have been around for almost 5 months.

That said, there's lot of day left. And besides past history (which we've seen Apple break from numerous times as far as FCPX is concerned) there isn't anything stoping them from demoing 10.0.6 features for release "Later this Summer".