fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...

TOPIC:

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 14:18 #10316

You also have to factor in what's happening in the app store. There's a new build of Mountain Lion being pushed out at the moment.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 14:23 #10317

• BenB
  • BenB's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
Would that hinder any 10.0.6 update currently, though?

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 14:25 #10319

The Apple team is not going to come out to do a demo. Not going to happen. They have plenty of shills like me and Steve Martin and Larry Jordan who will demo for them. They are only coming out for the next big thing and it's not going to ship before they show it. It may be tomorrow; it may be weeks away.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 14:26 #10320

There was some discussion recently on these boards about whether the next FCPX release would be tied at all to Mountain Lion. But that presupposes you need 10.8 to run the next version of FCPX, which I think would be doubtful.

As far as internal assets are concerned, I'd doubt that there'd be much crossover between OSX engineers and the FCPX dev team.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 14:32 #10323

That's the question. Will this be a state of the union, or preview of the next big thing?

For that audience, I can't help but think they've got something interesting to show.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 14:34 #10325

If they have to deployed a few multi-gig apps across thousands of Akami servers while being hit by a few hundred thousand downloads, yes, I think it's something the App Store factors in. They get the app, but it's their responsibility to get this stuff out there, and the App Store has been far from trouble free in its short history.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 15:37 #10326

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Yeah, I don't see ML effecting when the next update is released. I guess we will see it when we see it. At this point I'm expecting the same-old-same-old "we are committed to the professional market" dog and pony show at LAFCUG.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 26 Jun 2012 15:42 #10329

As Michael Horton himself suggested, go in expecting exactly what they said. That way we can only be happily surprised.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 27 Jun 2012 02:03 #10360

I've heard from a pretty close source not to expect much from tomorrow's event other than a demo of current features.

I hope I'm wrong.

The next update could be a number of weeks off.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 27 Jun 2012 02:11 #10362

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
It worries me that they're not going to tell us anything new, really, and that an update is weeks or months away. That's going to hurt FCPX more than help it. Why are they going to be there, exactly? What is Apple's goal for this dog and pony show? Seriously, someone competent needs to take over the pro apps PR dept.

Last edit: by BenB.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 27 Jun 2012 04:27 #10365

I expect Apple to showoff a new feature possibly, something in the works and to showcase existing work. That's about it, but who knows what's in store for us.

I'll be live tweeting from LAFCPUG Follow @iplayitofflegit

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 27 Jun 2012 05:04 #10368

I'll be there and hopefully live tweet it (@fcpxguru), depending on whether a WiFi network is operational or not. Cell service in the theater is atrocious so this plan may all fall apart.

Excited to see what they'll demo - hopefully it's some new features!

You still planning to live tweet this? Hope it works!

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 27 Jun 2012 07:06 #10372

For the folks attending, can you all hashtag #lafcpug So we can all see your updates...

Would love to watch the twitter feed come in..

Gary

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 27 Jun 2012 07:50 #10374

It might also just be a Retina MacBook Pro and Final Cut Pro X demo. :huh:
But we will see I got fcpxguru on my twitter but if someone else is going to hit it contact me over twitter.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 27 Jun 2012 09:19 #10377

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
If someone would simply take notes and post there here as soon as possible, that would be cool.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 27 Jun 2012 12:53 #10387

An hour is a LONG time to talk about 5 month old updates and say, "Editing is sharper on the new MBP!".

Immensely curious to see how this plays out. But have to wait 'til... 10pm? Damn you West Coast!

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 27 Jun 2012 13:16 #10388

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Let me put that myth to bed. As someone who's done many, many, many lectures, seminars, trainings, classes, an hour is not much time. It's amazing how much you can't get in to an hour.

BUT, that said, it would be not much time to talk about new things IF you're wasting it doing demos of what the audience has already seen and heard about.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 27 Jun 2012 13:37 #10391

I will rescind my statement. You are correct. Apple has 4 topics listed, so 15 minutes on each isn't a ton of time.

But it might seem like a long time for the presenters if the audience gets fidgety...

Apple can be as coy as they want, but when they show up to a presentation like this, especially with the 1yr anniversary, they have to know that comes with some expectations from the audience.

And the question is will this be the same Apple that presented last year at NAB, or will it be the conversational and informative Apple that does press briefings for upcoming features? The kind that's trying to win back some cred?

Here's what Apple says they'll be discussing again-

- Significant new feature releases
- In action case studies of real life deployments
- Extensive third-party integration
- Demo of the latest features

Last edit: by Disproportionate Pictures.

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 27 Jun 2012 14:18 #10392

• ptrush
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
I have a huge $90k project at the moment, so i won't be updating for at least a couple weeks. But I can't help but keep checking!!
Attachments:

Re: Apple To Speak At LAFCPUG On June 27 27 Jun 2012 14:29 #10393

"will it be the conversational and informative Apple that does press briefings for upcoming features?"

What Apple is that? Never heard of this Apple. It either drops nuggets to a select few, or it does tightly scripted pressos. There is no Q&A with Apple, not since an NAB Supermeet something like five or six years ago.