fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...

TOPIC:

Well I just did my first send to Logic Pro X..and it was a complete mess. 02 Oct 2013 05:18 #31913

Hi: Having issues with syncronised clips.
in out points adjusted in the timeline of FCPX without syncronised clips pick uo the adjustment when transferred via xml to logic X: HOW EVER WITH SYNCRONISED clips the in out points are garbage: is this what you are also finding?

When H4n zoom is added through syncronization it all goes to the dogs !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Well I just did my first send to Logic Pro X..and it was a complete mess. 02 Oct 2013 05:39 #31917

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
Compound Clips of any type (CC, multicam, sync) do not transfer at this time yet. You can (optionally) duplicate the Project, then Break Apart Clip Items for all compounded type clips you have. Bummer, I know, but it'll be fixed eventually.

Well I just did my first send to Logic Pro X..and it was a complete mess. 11 Nov 2013 12:41 #34006

Fact is, that it's not a bug or a shortcoming of either apps or dev teams per se, it's the current version of XML and its continued development. Even if LPX supported role recognition etc. it would still import/export various aspects of your project completely wrong (which is why e.g. X2Pro is pretty much just a one-way street), since that information (various audio parameters and more) aren't yet included in the current XML. So I'd say they simply opted to make it minimally useful first and finalize it once the new FCP and the accompanying XML 1.3 (that includes said features) comes out. I.e. with the next version of FCP (which I also believe has been delayed for the sake of the Mac Pro, to make the release a double-"pro"-whammy) to make it THAT much better overall. For example FULL FILTER SUPPORT/EXCHANGE, which seems a no-brainer seeing that they both share the exact same (audio) filters. Something that the current XML simply doesn't support.

They probably thought to themselves "where's the difference between everyone (meaning editor's almost exclusively) pissed off because it's clearly HARDLY working or because it appears to be working as expected but is buggy/insufficient as hell... at least the app is out for 99% of our users: musicians."

Since when does Apple just DO something and not make it that much better than anyone else could or even expects? :)

If they were Adobe they would have every team waiting on the other for synchronized releases. Meaning LPX would probably still not have been released. Which would you prefer? Aside from that tactic having blown up in Adobe's face more than once in the past, meaning certain (finished) apps' release dates were delayed literally by months because others were still struggling with bugs.

Moí 2¢

Last edit: by DudeMeister.