fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...

TOPIC:

FCPX Titles & Generators sidebar not showing up 11 Jan 2023 09:49 #123600

Hi Teppy, thank you.
By "titles folder" or "generator", do you mean the folders that are in the FINDER on MOVIES-MOTION TEMPLATES?
THANK YOU
CIAO
STEFANO

Please Log in to join the conversation.

FCPX Titles & Generators sidebar not showing up 23 Jan 2023 11:06 #123777

No, Stefano, I mean the FCPX folders inside FCPX interface.

FCPX Titles & Generators sidebar not showing up 23 Jan 2023 17:27 #123785

I suggest updating to the latest version of Ventura. I believe this bug has been fixed!

FCPX Titles & Generators sidebar not showing up 23 Jan 2023 18:22 #123786

I have a working solution to this problem:

When it stops working, do this:

1. Close FCPX

2. Make a new folder called Motion Templates Removed next to your Motion Templates folder. Inside that create other new empty folders called Effects, Titles, Transitions, and Generators.

3. MOVE (not copy) a selection of titles, effects, generators, and effects from the Motion Templates folder into the new empty ones you made. Start with the ones that you don't use much if you want to experiment, or move them all, it's up to you.

4. Open FCPX again. It should be fine now, but missing your plugins. You will see red exclamation marks in your project where there are missing items.

5. Close FCPX down again.

6. EITHER move them all back into the folders or move the ones you want or need back in again.

7. Open FCPX. It SHOULD work find again...(mystery)

8. If not, close, move them all out and carefully add in just what you need.

Hope that helps, it has fixed it for me several times over the last month. I have no idea WHY it works, or what kind of reset it is making, but try that and see if it gets you back working again.

FCPX Titles & Generators sidebar not showing up 23 Jan 2023 21:34 #123788

I suggest updating to the latest version of Ventura. I believe this bug has been fixed!
My FCPX and my OS are last version and the problem persists

FCPX Titles & Generators sidebar not showing up 25 Jan 2023 20:31 #123837

I have a buddy at work who installs ungodly amounts of templates and it causes the start of FCP to sometimes take 5 minutes. I am surprised he has not had this issue, but that alone would make me not want to install that many. I know for the most part this is Apple's part, but I also want to address some of the template builders. They will create 20 different templates, when it could have all been combined in to one template. And then they will make 20 different template variations off those original 20. The numbers get insane, and it doesn't make for a good searching experience either. When I build a template I try to build in a few different options inside the template. If more template builders took this step this would drastically reduce this issue. As for FXFactory....in one big swoop you are adding a ton of templates if you pay for the all-in version. I would recommend installing ones you need and maybe keep them on as you go through the years. It can be tempting to have the world's creativity at your fingertips, but clearly FCPX can not handle it. I mostly build all my templates so I don't ever get into ridiculously high numbers. Glad to see you guys have figured out a way around it for the most part.

FCPX Titles & Generators sidebar not showing up 06 Feb 2023 19:35 #124000

I've recently run across the same issue in the middle of a massive project to be delivered. I fixed it. The problem/solution was this: too much errant stuff in the "Movies" folder. I had a number of libraries stored there with large caches (I have an 8 TB solid state drive on my M1 MBP. I figured, "What the heck? With that amount of solid state storage what could go wrong?" I now know. Get everything out of the Movies folder except what you need--obviously your Motion Templates reside there. Store the other libraries on external HDs (which is where all my professional stuff is--I just had personal projects in the folder beyond the SINGLE professional project I'm working on. Then restart (obvously, make sure you have the latest trustworthy OS). That should take care of it. BTW, I have hundreds of generators and titles. No real problem that I've seen--though perhaps they were slowed down by all the competing libraries they were working in. Stay clean. Stay happy.