fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...

TOPIC:

FCPX Titles & Generators sidebar not showing up 02 May 2022 18:27 #120366

This is a reproducible bug in Final Cut Pro where having too many Motion templates installed breaks the list in Final Cut Pro.
We have already submitted this bug to Apple in the past. If you are interested in prioritizing this bug at Apple, you can help by leaving feedback through this page:https://www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro.html
Let them know that you are affected by Final Cut Pro’s Effects list not working if you have too many Motion Templates installed.
Here is our feedback number you can reference:FB9928467 Final Cut Pro: any effect browser will stop working when a large-enough number of templates is installed
Based on what we are seeing, this is not linked to plugins, or to FxFactory. It happens with any type of Motion Template, as long as enough of them are installed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

FCPX Titles & Generators sidebar not showing up 02 May 2022 19:18 #120372

Hello everyone, I'm Italian, I'll try to make myself understood.
Stop everyone: the problem of the pipeline of titles and generators that disappear is a worldwide problem, already reported by the Technical Staff of FxFactory. Anyone who has a lot of models on Final Cut can run into this bug.
Just today, Niclas from FxFactory's technical STaff told me to send feedback at this Apple link www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro.html, helping the FCPX community with this issue. Until now, Apple has been pretending nothing happened.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, REGARDS - STEFANO (Italy)

FCPX Titles & Generators sidebar not showing up 02 May 2022 19:27 #120373

Thanks Niclas..Great

FCPX Titles & Generators sidebar not showing up 03 May 2022 01:01 #120379

@niclas -- I have come to agree with this, even before seeing this latest post. I had this problem recur several weeks ago with no FX Factory plug-ins installed. I ended up

1. Closing FCP
2. Moved everything out of Motion Templates
3. Restarted FCP (with just the default Titles showing)
4. Quit FCP again
5. Moved third-party items back into Motion Templates
6. Restarted FCP for third and final time.

This seemed to have done the trick and everything in the Titles pane—including those from FX Factory—are just fine. I have over two hundred title "packages" installed (from FX Factory, Motion VFX, and LenoFX) and everything is fine.

I DO agree there's a bug in FCP and not sure what ends up causing the Titles pane to go south, but I think the actions described above will get things back on track.

Apologies to FX Factory and any associates for my unfair judgement of them!

FCPX Titles & Generators sidebar not showing up 25 May 2022 21:25 #120751

I would say that I solved the problem of not displaying TITLES / GENERATORS-
It is not a real resolution, but a trick...
To do this, I acted on FxFactory, but obviously it can be done anywhere, I'll explain how, is of a disconcerting banality.
Maybe somebody has already arrived at this solution, maybe I look like a fool, but here's how I got around the problem:

I have a lot of plugins, and having too many creates this limitation: I tried to deactivate about thirty plugins on Fxactory, simply unchecking, and the TITLES and GENERATORS pipeline now appears.
If you think about it, not all plugins I need every time and for every video, so I can deactivate the ones I don't need and activate only the ones I will use for the video.
In the same way, for example, I can uninstall some plugins that I rarely use (they can be from MotionVFX, Pixel FIlm Studios, etc), and then install them in real need.
In this way, having less weight, the TITLES and GENERATORS appear. Kindly watch this little video: