fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...

TOPIC:

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 05 Jul 2011 03:45 #329

Very interesting...

It could be one of the best NLE if Apple listens to us and adds the features we request.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 05 Jul 2011 06:11 #330

dead cat

currently flawed

wet spot

interesting times

chinese curse

shaggy dog

shows promise

pine fresh

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 06 Jul 2011 05:17 #342

I didn't copy the clips?! It can't handle 720x576 clips that are anamorphic and it doesn't allow you to do an anamorphic tick like in FCP 7. unless you have a solution which isn't an X scale. What happened to instant importing of already digitised clips?
Plus on four clips it goes into endless "thinking" mode. Adobe Premiere is looking mighty good for the future. Check out Adobe's amazing new work flow, where u place WIP edits in a drop box. Producers add comments at specific times on the clip, which then come back to you within Adobe Premiere and you can just click and goto the point in your original timeline where the producer made a comment.

In a market where people are pushing boundaries this re-invention is highly unstable and goes back to FCP 1.0. If Apples aim is to annoy professional editors, the 5000 plus petition will give them a wake up call.

Both AVID"S and ADOBE'S aggressive marketing response shows the magnitude of Apple's mistake.

If you're an existing market player in professional editing software, to release a new software package which does less than what it did before is a huge mistake.

Yes, present us with 64 bit processing and blah blah blah but do what u could do before. To wait 18 months to get up to where we are now on FCP 7 is ill advised. The other market players will seize this opportunity and Apple will lose a big market share of Professional Editors. BUT in the scheme of things how much money does this all make for apple? Probably not very much when compared to iphone and ipad sales etc. (that's just a guess by the way).

Regards

Rob

Last edit: by Rob Moragas. Reason: typo

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 07 Jul 2011 22:03 #354

fcpx...WILL BE THE BEST NLE...VERY SOON....if you don't like it,stop talking about it and go back to work and make some money....you love old...I don't....long live FCPXXXXX...

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 07 Jul 2011 22:05 #355

...and they will....

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 07 Jul 2011 22:07 #356

• cdw
  • Thank you received: 2
sweet jesus!

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 07 Jul 2011 22:13 #357

you called....lol

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 08 Jul 2011 20:58 #365

PLUG HOLE!

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 08 Jul 2011 21:02 #366

Childs Play!

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 08 Jul 2011 21:28 #367

• Vader
  • Thank you received: 3

fcpx...WILL BE THE BEST NLE...VERY SOON....if you don't like it,stop talking about it and go back to work and make some money....you love old...I don't....long live FCPXXXXX...

+1
@Rayment,(2 words are for you
> go away ) and please never come back if you don't like FCPX we don't need your point of view !

Last edit: by Vader.

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 09 Jul 2011 00:21 #368

who said i don't like fcpx......and by the way this is America...free speech....and if you don't like what i say....i don't care....

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 09 Jul 2011 00:50 #370

America, which part, Canada, United States, Central or south?
Cause .co is Republic of Colombia. ;) I'm funny!

I think the darth means more rayment....

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 09 Jul 2011 01:17 #372

And heres me thinking two words are only allowed in this thread, no Darth I cannot "get back to work and make money" with this software as it has no XML output or R3D import without transcoding. They are grand assumptions you make with regards to what people like and dislike, for what it is FC-X is a brilliant 'tool!' just not right for the professionals who need to output for a 'professional' colour grade, VFX work and Protools.

Last edit: by Rayment.

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 09 Jul 2011 01:21 #373

• Vader
  • Thank you received: 3
Apologize @sweet molly films i did a mistake and of course i agree with what u said before, was talking just about @Rayment only (sorry again, i'm fed up to read the same comments from that s..t people.
I've edited original post :oops:

Last edit: by Vader.

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 09 Jul 2011 05:35 #376

That's ok...Look I love fcp7, I been using it for about 4 years now....I;m not a high end pro...but i still consider my self a mid end pro, This is how i make living...Now I really like final cut pro x...I see a lot of great potential in it...and think it is the future..a lot of things that are missing in it now will come, so says apple...we will see...I want to use it (fcpx) now.....But i will not get rid of fcp7 either....ps I heard avid is going to go down the same road as apple with there nle soon also....Let's all hope things all work out....SOON!!

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 09 Jul 2011 09:21 #377

I heard avid is going to go down the same road as apple with there nle soon also....Let's all hope things all work out....SOON!!
Wow who told you that crazy rumor? I would stop believing that guy! Avid is in the middle shoveling the unsatisfied Final Cut Pro users.

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 09 Jul 2011 17:32 #379

..we will see...but who cares what they do....I'm a fcp guy...and now a fcpX guy...have a nice day...

Re: Two words to describe FCPX... 10 Jul 2011 19:51 #388

'iMovie Pro'

- and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Sure most of us feel like a kid being taken for a haircut (or more like a trip to the dentist), but hey. I don't want to spent yet another £600+ and find that CS5.5 doesn't like Mac laptops, I don't want to switch to PCs, and if FCP7 is still a dog, it's still a reliable and friendly dog.

Just hope KeyLight, DVmatte Pro and Colorista make it to FCPX...