fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Apple Release Final Cut Pro 10.6, Motion 5.6 and Compressor 4.6 20 Oct 2021 12:54 #116818

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 702
Why can't I overwrite audio to the primary storyline? Why can't I copy a connected clip and Paste To Primary Storyline? Where's a REAL audio mixer?

I've been experimenting with the built-in tracking. I have major issues taking anything that is not a very super clear human face. I'll be keeping TrackX around for awhile, since I rarely track a human face.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Apple Release Final Cut Pro 10.6, Motion 5.6 and Compressor 4.6 09 Nov 2021 09:19 #117385

A word of warning: 2013 Mac Pro 'Trashcans' updated with Monterey and FCPX 10.6 will be very slow. Especially opening events! If you don't want to upgrade you hardware yet, don't install these updates. The update is nice but you will be fine without it too.

Last edit: by Sybren.

Apple Release Final Cut Pro 10.6, Motion 5.6 and Compressor 4.6 10 Nov 2021 03:29 #117408

• jrm
  • Thank you received: 1
I read through this topic hoping to find a message with a solution to the slow performance of 10.6. Unfortunately, no solutions.

I'm running an iMacPro with 64GB of RAM. I've been working with a large library (all media is external and stored on an SSD). Prior to 10.6, things could slow down a bit, but it was all workable. I could live with the long load times to open a library. The bigger problem for me is the entire app running very slow.

Since 10.6, things have slowed to a crawl. I created a new library with much of the same media and started some new projects. Didn't help at all. Things are crazy slow. Sometimes, just clicking to place the playhead in a new position gives me the spinning beach ball for 10-30 seconds. (Yes, background rendering is off).

On the plus side, the new tracker works pretty well for me. Contrary to the experience of others here, it tracks objects (non-face) very well for me. Ironically, the tracker is lighting fast.

I'm considering using time machine to roll back to 10.5. I don't remember if my library was updated by 10.6... are there any potential problems with rolling back? (library incompatibility, conflicts with support files, etc.)? Is there anything more to do aside from grabbing the older app version from time machine?

Last edit: by jrm.

Apple Release Final Cut Pro 10.6, Motion 5.6 and Compressor 4.6 10 Nov 2021 14:47 #117422

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
10.6 Libraries can not be opened in 10.5.

Apple Release Final Cut Pro 10.6, Motion 5.6 and Compressor 4.6 10 Nov 2021 16:48 #117430

• jrm
  • Thank you received: 1

10.6 Libraries can not be opened in 10.5.

There goes that idea. :)

The media isn't an issue since none of it's in the library. I could also export any compound clips. That just leaves some partial projects. Perhaps I could xml those to re-create everything in 10.5? Or just start from scratch. Hate to say it, but I'm also thinking about going to Resolve for what I am working on now. I was playing around with it recently and it is very fast and responsive. Although I'd much rather Apple fix the problem.

Apple Release Final Cut Pro 10.6, Motion 5.6 and Compressor 4.6 10 Nov 2021 17:47 #117431

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
There is the option to export "previous" version XML 1.9 which I'm sure would work.

Apple Release Final Cut Pro 10.6, Motion 5.6 and Compressor 4.6 10 Nov 2021 18:40 #117433

Its been another bad day in Final Cut 10.6 / 12.01 hell. Spinning beachballs, every time I duplicate a project all the waveforms disappear and I have to restart, slowdowns to a crawl, horrendous lags doing anything in the library / events. I'm literally exporting every sequence out as an XML now so that I can try to work with them in Resolve instead...

• Page: