fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Use 3D Models Directly in Final Cut Pro with Coremelt's ModelX 12 Oct 2021 08:38 #116689

• peteramwiggins
  • peteramwiggins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The Administrator :)
  • Thank you received: 400

Now you can use 3D models directly in Final Cut Pro with Coremelt's ModelX. We also have a coupon code for money off!

Read more...
Administrator

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Use 3D Models Directly in Final Cut Pro with Coremelt's ModelX 12 Oct 2021 13:28 #116690

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 656
I beta tested, and it is so easy to use, and very stable. To extend what you can do with USDZ's in FCP/Motion is such a leap forward. IMHO Apple was really stupid to not have added this bit of control when they introduced USDZ use in FCP/Motion to start with. To me, it's the intermediary between the simplistic use of native USDZ abilities, and going full-blown with mO2 from MotionVFX. Much needed plug-in for sure! I'm super interested in seeing what Coremelt adds to it in the future. Bravo, Roger!

Last edit: by Ben Balser.

Use 3D Models Directly in Final Cut Pro with Coremelt's ModelX 12 Oct 2021 18:03 #116697

Hey Ben,
Have you tested on M1? I looked all over the product pages for system requirements, and found nothing other than the generic Rosetta workaround from May. Safe to assume that applies to this plugin as well?

Use 3D Models Directly in Final Cut Pro with Coremelt's ModelX 12 Oct 2021 18:08 #116698

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
I do not have an M1 to test with, but this will answer your question.
fcp.co/forum/coremelt/35065-coremelt-and...apple-silicon#116696

Use 3D Models Directly in Final Cut Pro with Coremelt's ModelX 12 Oct 2021 18:14 #116700

Heh... I posted in that thread just before this one. Since it's been several months, and ModelX is new, I just wasn't sure if they'd sorted it out for this particular plug or not. Thanks for the reply!

Use 3D Models Directly in Final Cut Pro with Coremelt's ModelX 13 Oct 2021 03:41 #116705

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
It's not just Coremelt, many developers are still waiting on Apple to fix some things in order to totally make their products M1 compatible.

Use 3D Models Directly in Final Cut Pro with Coremelt's ModelX 13 Oct 2021 14:04 #116712

Right. The reason I even raised the question is that CoreMelt responded to a different post 2 months ago saying:
"We are working on native M1 versions, they're coming, we unfortunately had to wait for some technical issues beyond our control to be addressed."

This, to me, reads as if the technical issues have been resolved and the updates are in progress. Since it was awhile ago, I thought maybe this brand new plugin might be native.
Anyway, I'll keep waiting. CoreMelt is the only vendor that I have plugins for that aren't yet native. Looking forward to this one... thanks for testing!

Use 3D Models Directly in Final Cut Pro with Coremelt's ModelX 13 Oct 2021 16:44 #116713

I can personally confirm that ModelX works on the M1 in native mode. I believe that most of the other plugins are still waiting on something, and have to be run in Rosetta mode.

Use 3D Models Directly in Final Cut Pro with Coremelt's ModelX 13 Oct 2021 16:58 #116714

Is there a way to adjust the key edges on the Models?
Can't evaluate it otherwise.

Use 3D Models Directly in Final Cut Pro with Coremelt's ModelX 13 Oct 2021 20:43 #116716

Use 3D Models Directly in Final Cut Pro with Coremelt's ModelX 13 Oct 2021 20:52 #116717

OMG, that's hilarious... I meticulously read all of the text, and completely missed the giant icons in the side panel! xD

Thanks!

EDIT: CoreMelt has updated the copy on the product page to specifically include this info - in bold! WooHoo! I've got the Everything bundle, and am really looking forward to native updates.

Last edit: by dmetz.
  • Page: