fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

broadcast safe filter effect settings in FCPX 21 Nov 2022 18:11 #122990

And thats the main cause for my problems:
DJI Mini 2 drone footage that has negative spikes in the dark parts (this is ungraded).
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by FinalCutdown.

broadcast safe filter effect settings in FCPX 22 Nov 2022 10:52 #122996

I received an answer from QCTools. They respond very quickly and are very helpful:

"I have had confirmation that we do check for the ARD_ZDF parameters but we don’t have a dedicated template for it at the moment.

However, this is on the roadmap and will be released as a template early next year."

So right now, I am afraid I have to look for another app until the new template is released. I hope it will be soon QCTools is a fantastic app!

broadcast safe filter effect settings in FCPX 22 Nov 2022 16:41 #123002

I installed scopebox to view the footage and i get massive alerts: luma and chroma excursions even with broadcast safe set to 2 or higher. So the filter doesnt really work at all. Not at all for chroma and even not really for luma. I think I will send it as prores hq to resolve and apply a color space transform effect there..

broadcast safe filter effect settings in FCPX 22 Nov 2022 16:55 #123003

• DaveM
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 99
Thanks for that update. I need to upgrade my version of ScopeBox. I've been waiting to see if there will be any sort of "Black Friday" deal forthcoming.

If you're seeing lots of excursions in the scopes, then a bit more color correction/grading is needed. Any sort of limiting applied to the video should be to catch only extraneous pixels, otherwise you could damage the look of the image.

It's too bad that the Broadcast Safe effect in FCP doesn't seem to be working correctly. You might consider submitting feedback to Apple about that. I'll consider it, too. That effect should be like an audio limiter and push any pixel that's out of bounds into the 0% to 100% IRE range, both luma and chroma (with the Amount set to 0).

Please let us know how you fare in Resolve. Thanks again.

• Page: