fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

3D Flip Transition 28 Nov 2011 06:42 #2332

The other day someone asked me how to do the 3D flip transition to the Text that was in the Target Black Friday ad. My reply was well just use the Flip Transition.

Sadly the default Flip Transition forces a solid background. It also forces 2 clips to be connected to do the transition.

So I made this quick transition to answer my friends question.

Here is the 3D flip transition that we are used to in Final Cut Pro 7, with some added bonus.

It has the 3 types of edits, On the edit for 2 clips/text/images, Start at Edit (to bring media in) and End on Edit (to have an item leave)

You can download it free from my website. Here

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mikeybouchereau.

Re: 3D Flip Transition 30 Nov 2011 07:03 #2368

Should I install it on the Transistions folder ? Thanks

Re: 3D Flip Transition 30 Nov 2011 07:23 #2369

Yup.
Home Folder/Movies/Motion Templates/Transitions

Re: 3D Flip Transition 12 Dec 2011 17:06 #2545

I am sorry ...but I am not able to use this effect as I thought.
When I use this transition over a title , the background clip flip too. I wish only my text flips.
How can I do that ?
Thanks

Re: 3D Flip Transition 12 Dec 2011 18:54 #2549

Make sure you set the right position.

If it is just text and you want text to come in and it's not connected to anything else make sure you choose either start of clip or end of clip to bring text/logo or images in.

Re: 3D Flip Transition 12 Dec 2011 20:54 #2556

• anickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I learned this from a post on the Creative Cow FCP X forum. It's not exactly intuitive but it works:

Add the effect to the clip. FCP will create a secondary storyline. Select the clip and transitions by dragging a box around the entire storyline. (Do not select the storyline by clicking on the upper part of it or this won't work.) You should see the transitions and the text clip individually outlined in yellow. Hit option G to create a compound clip within the storyline. That should do it.

PS - thanks for the effect Mikey!

Last edit: by anickt.

Re: 3D Flip Transition 13 Dec 2011 15:31 #2568

Well...I could not make it work. I am doing something wrong ....
But ...why this is a transition and not a effect or title ?
Thanks for any help ...

Re: 3D Flip Transition 13 Dec 2011 17:56 #2570

Are you sure you are using this effect and not the default one that come with FCPX. The reason I made this on is because the issue you are having is the reason I made this one, because the default effect causes the background to flip with it. Also you will have the background flip if this is at the start of a title and you do not cange the pop up to start of clip. (on edit is for 2 items such asto clip between 2 logos) Do you see the pull down for start of clip, on edit, and end of clip? Also you should have a gradient option and a solid color background option make sure they are unchecked unless you want a background on top of your footage

And the reason this is a transition is it is ment to act like the flip transition from fcp7.

Re: 3D Flip Transition 19 Dec 2011 08:21 #2662

Wow...this is the first effect here at Fco.co I am not able to do . Something dumb by my side , indeed ...

Re: 3D Flip Transition 26 Feb 2012 21:25 #4899

How do I actually install this effect? I have downloaded the folder.
Thanks

Re: 3D Flip Transition 27 Feb 2012 00:36 #4909

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Once you've downloaded the transition, place the entire "Graphics Flip" folder into your Home folder/movies/motion templates/transitions folder. Then restart FCPX and it should appear in your media browser when you select the transitions tab.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

• Page: