fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mono Files Importing as Surround 20 Sep 2015 00:05 #68715

• m2dpost
  • m2dpost's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Folks,

Trying to work with Logic Pro X but I am running into issues, hopefully some of you might have an answer. I have a short film and all the audio was second source sound. I synced sound by multicam in FCPX. The audio files are multi track (Up to 9 tracks) of mono sound. When I export the FCPXML and then import into Logic all the mono tracks show up as Surround. Additionally none of them will playback as it's a stereo Logic project. I have manually changed the tracks to Stereo Out but still no joy, the tracks won't play. The music however came across as stereo and will play.

Any thoughts?

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by m2dpost.

Mono Files Importing as Surround 23 Sep 2015 10:46 #68853

Somewhere in your project, your audio maybe set to surround. Try inspecting the audio clips with the inspector and try the Project Settings. Everything should be set to mono, ideally.

so when you say change tracks to show Stereo Out, is that the output you have assigned to your tracks?? You may need to change the input at the top of each channel strip to Mono as well. It's a small button to the left of the channel input selector, somewhere at the top. If you don't already know, Mono should come,up as a single circle.

Mono Files Importing as Surround 23 Sep 2015 12:26 #68856

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
When exporting the FCPXML from Final Cut, be sure the metadata setting is set to Audio.

Mono Files Importing as Surround 23 Sep 2015 15:16 #68859

Oh yeah!! I forgot to mention that too!!

Mono Files Importing as Surround 30 Sep 2015 22:58 #69133

• m2dpost
  • m2dpost's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Yep input on the track is set to mono as well. However it looks like it clips themselves are set to surround. I am basing this on the fact that the clip is showing the surround icon in the top blue bar after the name. I have checked and they are definitely set to mono in FCPX. These did originally come from a 12 channel mixer, but all but 1 or 2 channels are turned off in FCPX. I wonder if logic is seeing the original channel meta data somewhere and assigning them as surround since it's more that 2 channels.

Sure with Apple would get this figured out,

Mike

• Page: