fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Logic Pro X and Dual Mono 11 Mar 2015 02:26 #61150

I'm having trouble getting Logic Pro X to recognize what FCPX calls "Dual Mono" files. (The files were created as WAV poly-fles on a two-track Sound Devices recorder.)

In FCPX, these show up as Dual Mono files and I can split them or disable them just fine. When I export them as a FCPXML and import them into LPX they show up as stereo files. What's even stranger is the fact that Logic knows to place two files on separate tracks, but insists on making them identical stereo files.

I've tried panning left and right, but it just moves the same channel to the left or right speaker. It doesn't actually pan to the left or right channel. I've even tried splitting the file into left and right files via the "Copy/Convert" option in the Project Browser (and I've verified that they're two different mono files), but when I reimport the two split files they appear as a stereo file! I can't quite get my head around that one.

I'm trying to learn Logic Pro's terminology for these types of files. I think it's what they refer to as "Interleaved," but I could be wrong about that.

My questions are a) Has anyone had any luck with importing dual mono files into Logic Pro X straight from a FCPXML file? If so, what's the proper workflow?

b) Is this a problem that XtoPro would fix? I hate the idea of buying a piece of software to fix what seems like a Logic bug, but if it works then I'll have to take the plunge.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tnewton.

Logic Pro X and Dual Mono 11 Mar 2015 03:23 #61152

After doing some more research and playing around with settings, I've managed to get the left and right sorted out at the track level. Under input, instead of "Mono" I chose "Left" for one track and "Right" for another. At least this allows me to hear the two different channels.

Is there anyway to handle this at the file or clip level? If not, I'm going to have to double the number of tracks because most files have two channels of audio. I'm new to Logic Pro X, so I apologize if these are newbie questions.

Thanks again.

Logic Pro X and XtoPro 11 Mar 2015 23:16 #61219

I asked this same question over at LogicProHelp, and I was pointed to this forum: www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=103501

There definitely seems to be an issue with the way Logic Pro X handles interleaved audio. Unless you split apart the files and rename them unrelated names, Logic Pro X will try to recombined them on import.

So, my new question for the users of Logic Pro X and XtoPro:

Does Logic Pro X correctly interpret the separate channels that XtoPro creates as separate mono files or does it try to recombine them into a single interleaved file?

Thanks!

• Page: