fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

FCPX XML to Logic Pro X problems 21 Sep 2013 00:56 #31387

• alven
  • alven's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Guys, I just wrote a post about this in the FCPX forum, but this is priobably a more appropriate place

Im trying to export an xml from fcpx to logic x so that i can export an omf file from there.

I have been editing multicam clips, with sound effects and music files also.
On the multicam clips, I am only using external mic but it's synced up with the clip.
When I open it in logic, only the music, and not the audio from the mic will appear.

So I'm thinking its something wrong with the way I am exporting it from FCP.
I have been trying to export audio only, but the other options haven't been working for me so far either.

Any suggestion on how to make this work?

Also I am wondering whether it is possible to convert an AAF to OMF in Logic?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

FCPX XML to Logic Pro X problems 28 Sep 2013 07:53 #31682

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
Yes, you can import standard AAF (not Avid AAF which is tweaked specifically for ProTools) into Logic Pro X, and then export OMF.

There is a glitch in Logic Pro X, it has trouble with compounds of any type (compound clips, sync clips, multicam clips, etc). You need to break those apart into individual clips first. Hopefully a LPX update will come along so it can read compounds properly.

FCPX XML to Logic Pro X problems 28 Sep 2013 08:32 #31684

Logic Pro X cannot export OMF (running the latest update).

- Ronny
Attachments:

FCPX XML to Logic Pro X problems 28 Sep 2013 14:47 #31696

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Wow! Are you serious? FCPX won't export OMF? I didn't realize they dropped that from the app. I've not had need of it for many years now, but that is a surprise.

FCPX XML to Logic Pro X problems 28 Sep 2013 21:07 #31714

Yep I made the same mistake thinking it did. Seemed obvious as t worked fine in 9 but apparently Apple decided to drop it from X. They seem pushing people to work with AAF. Much better anyway, IMO.

- Ronny

FCPX XML to Logic Pro X problems 30 Sep 2013 13:31 #31802

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Agreed, OMF is so outdated it should be universally dropped. Just like EDL.

FCPX XML to Logic Pro X problems 30 Dec 2014 02:02 #57779

I know this is an old thread and it looks like my issue has been addressed (we apparently can't export XML cleanly if synchronized clips are used), but because I'm desperate to solve this problem, I figured I'd give it a go anyway. Plus, maybe things have changed since the last post here.

Here's a video of my problem:

www.dropbox.com/sh/pq1fy5zhy3uvdto/AAAL4...i0XKEncBTh5Nwea?dl=0

Thanks!

FCPX XML to Logic Pro X problems 18 Apr 2015 04:47 #63173

i'm trying to export an XML from FCPX 10.2 to Logic 10.1.1 and it doesn't work. I get audio from parts of the clip that are trimmed out in FCPX. I have separated the audio from the clip and made it it's own audio track. This did nothing to help. I can't find a way to actually export from FC to LPX so the audio matches. Trying to do some audio work with some Logic plugins and can't get the audio over there. I know this is an old post. It would appear Logic isn't really ready for an efficient FCPX to LPX workflow by what I've been reading.

Last edit: by Brad Parso.
  • Page: