fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Trying to import FCPX XML to Logic Pro X but getting errors... 03 Aug 2013 21:53 #29431

I've been using FCPX for only a few months now, former Final Cut Pro 7 and Adobe Premiere user. I'm cutting a short film I shot (running around 13 minutes) on FCPX. We reached picture lock recently, and I wanted to begin working on the sound. I have an older version of Logic, but heard some good things about Logic Pro X, so I got it to try and learn how to use it (this project has been my test subject to learn FCPX). I read you can export an XML from Final Cut then import it into Logic Pro X. I did that, but in Logic, when it tries to import the XML, I get "cannot read" and "low memory" errors. Anyone else having problems?

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Trying to import FCPX XML to Logic Pro X but getting errors... 14 Aug 2013 13:21 #29900

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
Have not heard of those problems exactly, but, Logic Pro X 10.0.1 (current version) does have bugs reading Compound Clips from FCPXML files.

Trying to import FCPX XML to Logic Pro X but getting errors... 20 Aug 2013 22:41 #30185

I am importing an XML from FCP X into LP X. It is a short film as well, although I do not get error messages, I only get the slate of the audio file not the part of the file used in the edit. My clips have 6 tracks of audio which I have expanded in the FCP X time line, I also gave each track a role name Track 1 -12. I exported the file with the XML drop down and Imported into LP X and I got individual clips in the tracks, but just the slate portion of the file. Then I tried sharing the file with seperate audio and roles, this gave me continuous clips of audio not individual clips as edited.

Does anyone know what is wrong.

Thanks James

• Page: