fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Portrait video shot with phone converted to landscape with blured repeated image either side plugin? 10 Jan 2014 09:37 #38652

Hi there
You see a lot of the above on news reports etc where someone has (stupidly) shot video footage on their camera phone, but not in landscape mode (I wish phones just wouldnt allow you to record in portrait video mode).
The portrait video it placed in the middle of the screen and then parts of the image are repeated on the left and right but blurred slightly. I find it a quiet effective.
I know that there is a plugin called "Pillarbox Shoulders" in Xeffects Toolkit, but I really dont want to have to pay the full price for this one plug in alone (I dont need any of the other plugins in this pack).
So does anyone know of anyone else doing this plug in or what the effect is ACTUALLY called?
Free would be best, but I dont mind paying a small amount otherwise.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Portrait video shot with phone converted to landscape with blured repeated image either side plugin? 10 Jan 2014 16:49 #38675

A workaround for the effect you looking for can be done by:

1. In the timeline, stack the same 2 clips on each other.
2. Highlight the bottom clip, press shortcut 'Shift+T' to Transform.
3. In the viewer, click on any corner handle and "stretch" the image until the viewer is "filled"
4. Add a Gaussian blur filter to it.

Portrait video shot with phone converted to landscape with blured repeated image either side plugin? 13 Jan 2014 08:41 #38787

Sure I understand it can be done like this, but I'd rather find a plug in that did it automatically for me.

Portrait video shot with phone converted to landscape with blured repeated image either side plugin? 03 Jul 2014 12:07 #49107

check this from PixelFilm Studios:
store.pixelfilmstudios.com/plugin/plugin-prophone

Portrait video shot with phone converted to landscape with blured repeated image either side plugin? 03 Jul 2014 12:19 #49109

The original plugin is here
www.idustrialrevolution.com/x4-toolkit

And you also get 52 other tools :)
Administrator

Portrait video shot with phone converted to landscape with blured repeated image either side plugin? 04 Jul 2014 00:30 #49140

What Peter said!

The other 52 are great. Bought them when they first came out.

You could not give me a PFS pluggin !

Dave

Last edit: by Nervebroke.
  • Page: