fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
Only start a new post here if you are uploading a free plugin or direct linking to a plugin or the page that the plugin can be downloaded from.

All other new posts will be deleted.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Free FCP X Effect: TKY Frame Delay Clone 16 Nov 2012 18:16 #17357

A new effect which you won't use every day but which could come in handy in the odd tricky situation.

The effect enables you to remove one frame artifacts by selectively cloning the previous frame. In the old days these artifacts would have typically been film-based nasties like hairs, sparkle and neg damage but it could also be video drop-out or the like, or even just something that pops into the viewfinder for a single frame when you least want it to be there.

File Attachment:

File Name: TKYFrameDe....app.zip
File Size:841 KB

See the demo for how it works in more detail:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Free FCP X Effect: TKY Frame Delay Clone 17 Nov 2012 04:54 #17381

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Nice effect, Simon...thanks.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Free FCP X Effect: TKY Frame Delay Clone 17 Nov 2012 19:32 #17400

Very handy masking effect. Could have used this many times over the years. Imagine you have one of those shots where everything was perfect, the actors delivered a magic take, but the boom mic dropped momentarily into the scene. But it gets worse, the mic came in over a painting or something detailed, not easily masked or obscured in post like a blank wall. This plugin could remove the problem perfectly, even if you have camera tracking since you've got the movement & scaling features. Brilliant!

thank you Simon

Last edit: by TrixTrax9000 .

Free FCP X Effect: TKY Frame Delay Clone 17 Nov 2012 19:53 #17403

Imagine you have one of those shots where everything was perfect, the actors delivered a magic take, but the boom mic dropped momentarily into the scene. But it gets worse, the mic came in over a painting or something detailed, not easily masked or obscured in post like a blank wall. This plugin could remove the problem perfectly, even if you have camera tracking since you've got the movement & scaling features.

Unfortunately it doesn't work quite this way as it only works on a single frame at a time - the main use would be for what we used to call "dustbusting" before film acquisition finally passed away, where you needed to remov single frame blemishes.

The good news is that I have another clone effect in the works which is designed to address the kind of problem you describe more specifically.

(And there's also a dead pixel fixer in the pipeline ...)

Free FCP X Effect: TKY Frame Delay Clone 18 Nov 2012 03:27 #17428

Please excuse my ignorance on some of these more technical aspects, & thank you for elucidating the matter. Of course I heard single frame in the tutorial, but my mind leapt at the concept I described, for indeed it can be quite a dilemma in post. Many is the time the boom isn't noticed until the set's been struck & you're in another locale.

We shall await your developments in due course & greatly appreciate all your work.

Free FCP X Effect: TKY Frame Delay Clone 28 Dec 2012 04:07 #19387

Or how about possibly using the new one to come, to mask out a photographer who decided to walk behind the bride and groom right at the moment of the big bride reveal!?!?!?!? I spent forever masking the bozo out as he walked across the frame.

• Page: