fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Move main timeline clips and not layers in Final Cut Pro 24 Jul 2021 00:00 #115525

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Move main timeline clips and not layers in Final Cut Pro 24 Jul 2021 18:24 #115527

• VTC
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
It's worth noting that moving video in the main story line without affecting connected clips using the TILDE key only works when you're in POSITION (P) mode., and not in A or T or anything else.

This fact could be easily overlooked since P was selected @ 50 seconds for the non-snapping demonstration (and remained selected) with the tilde key effect illustrated directly after that. A viewer not picking up on that selecting P first slight of hand might assume pressing tilde when in any other edit format allows temporary positioning of the main storyline when in reality it doesn't.

So if you find this not working for you as the video illustrates it will after having entered POSITION mode.

Last edit: by VTC.

Move main timeline clips and not layers in Final Cut Pro 25 Jul 2021 00:16 #115528

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 651
"It's worth noting that moving video in the main story line without affecting connected clips using the TILDE key only works when you're in POSITION (P) mode., and not in A or T or anything else."

Sure, it works with the default (A) Selection tool or any other. I use it several times a day.

BUT, that said, I've noticed in the last update it seems to have changed. It will only bypass the connections stems of clips on the clip you specifically selected to move. Used to simply work on all affected clips during an edit operation.

Last edit: by Ben Balser.
  • Page: