fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

FCP Stabilize issue when working off server? 06 Dec 2022 08:49 #123200

I hope anyone can help. We're working on a Netflix film. Offline editorial is in FCP and we're running Postlab Local. ProResLT Proxies and other media is on a server in the facility. For some reason we cannot stabilize footage. It processes but no results.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

We're running FCP 10.6.4 on a 12-Core 2013 Mac Pro on OSX Monterey 12.6

Please Log in to join the conversation.

FCP Stabilize issue when working off server? 06 Dec 2022 11:53 #123203

• joema
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 587

...Offline editorial is in FCP and we're running Postlab Local. ProResLT Proxies and other media is on a server in the facility. For some reason we cannot stabilize footage. It processes but no results...

I've never seen this but my team doesn't use Postlab. I think Postlab Local stores a network-based FCP library and tracks version changes using GitLab. The FCP stabilization analysis files are stored inside the library. If any kind of permissions problem prevented FCP from generating or using those analysis files, stabilization might not work.

Unlike other generated files such as proxies, there is no FCP UI to delete stabilization or optical flow analysis files. You could try manually deleting those inside the library, use Final Cut Library Manager, or allocate a separate FCP cache folder to store those. If stored in a separate cache folder, the folder or .fcpcache bundle can be safely deleted to clear the cache of render, waveform, thumbnails, optical flow and stabilization analysis files.

I suspect your situation is not a problem with FCP but something about the configuration of Postlab Local or GitLab that's causing it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: