fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Text Tracking (character spacing) over time plugins? 04 Dec 2022 19:45 #123181

• cseeman
  • cseeman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 80
Text Tracking (character spacing) over time plugins?
While Custom Text has a Track In and Track Out feature I'm finding the controls awkward since I want a simple ongoing slow spreading of characters throughout.

While I have a bevy of third-party plugins it's hard to search within FCP as well as on the "interwebs" for such a feature given the multiple meaning of "tracking" (often used in object tracking).

It's a minor frustration that tracking can't be keyframed under Text controls. Perhaps I could spend the time modifying the Custom Text in Motion but I was wondering if there are any third-party plugins, whether paid or self-published that do this already.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Text Tracking (character spacing) over time plugins? 04 Dec 2022 21:03 #123182

Alex Gollner published a free version of the simple Title effect where he has brought out the keyframe facility for the text parameters. It dates from 2012 and is tucked away in the depths of his website now, but the link is here:
blog.alex4d.com/2012/12/14/alex4d-basic-keyframable-fcpx-title/

In the Inspector you need to click on the Title Inspector tab at the top, not the Text Inspector tab, to see the keyframable versions of the parameters.

It appears to still work fine for me in FCP 10.6.5 on Monterey with M1.

Hope this helps.

Last edit: by Rinaldo Doon.

Text Tracking (character spacing) over time plugins? 05 Dec 2022 05:43 #123189

• cseeman
  • cseeman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 80
Wow, that's a find from a decade ago. I wonder why variants haven't been added to other plugins. Thanks.

Text Tracking (character spacing) over time plugins? 05 Dec 2022 07:36 #123190

Glad to help.

• Page: