fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

FCPX keeps crashing when opening my project file 31 Oct 2022 02:10 #122663

I've been working on a video for the past week, and out of nowhere, the project file suddenly won't open. I've tried restarting computer and deleting preferences. I'm pretty sure the issue is with this new project file because I can open old files with no issues. Then I click my latest project and it crashes. Nothing is working for me. I have a 16-inch M1 Macbook Pro - 16 GB memory. My OS is Monterey 12.2.1. And I'm on FCPX version 10.6.5.

I'd greatly appreciate any help with this. Thank you so much.

I've attached several crash logs including the first two logs and two of the most recent ones.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

FCPX keeps crashing when opening my project file 31 Oct 2022 12:39 #122677

i get the same issue ! please who can help ???

FCPX keeps crashing when opening my project file 01 Nov 2022 00:33 #122703

This is happening to me too. I've tried trashing my prefs and restarting. And it still crashes everytime I open this project that i've been working on all day.

FCPX keeps crashing when opening my project file 01 Nov 2022 15:34 #122715

• DaveM
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 105
Are you referring to your FCP Library (bundle) file? Or, are you referring to a Project/timeline in FCP?

FCPX keeps crashing when opening my project file 01 Nov 2022 16:13 #122718

• DaveM
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 105
I used Digital Rebellion's Crash Analyzer application to review your .ips files.

The earliest log file yields a "Motion template or plugin issue". The other three files yield "corrupt project file".

You might try rebooting your Mac and holding the shift key to start up in "Safe Mode". Doing so clears temporary and cache files, including font caches. Reboot after logging in while in "Safe Mode".

You could also try opening, or restoring from, a backup Library if you have FCP set to create those:

support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/re...a9/10.6.2/mac/11.5.1

Digital Rebellion's Pro Maintenance Tools, which includes Crash Analyzer, also has a "Project Repair" application that can repair damaged FCP Events and Projects.

Another option would be to copy the Library file and then open the copy and delete some of the temporary files (I won't go into details here as that is a bit of a drastic step)...

Last edit: by DaveM.

FCPX keeps crashing when opening my project file 02 Nov 2022 12:09 #122728

• joema
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 587
Dave is correct; the stack trace references DeepSkyLite which is apparently the framework used to access the SQLite database. It then references FFAnchoredSequence, which is a method in FlexoFramework (FF), one of the main FCP frameworks. In FCP development terminology, an Anchored Sequence is a secondary storyline. It then evidently tried to access some element within the database and got an error.

It's relatively rare for a project database to get corrupted because SQLite data integrity is good. Cause is unknown but typing things to examine include verifying the media & library are on APFS or HFS+ volumes (not ExFAT or NTFS), and if anything is on a NAS volume (should work but check that).

If it won't open the project you can try opening a different project, selecting (but not opening) the damaged project and exporting a project XML. That might also hang or crash but if it manages to export the XML you could try loading that in another library. As already stated the backup libraries should be tried.

• Page: