fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

BUTTERY LUTs export problem on 10.6.4 03 Oct 2022 20:41 #122353

• Seanchas
  • Seanchas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Just spent a couple of hours troubleshooting... exporting a 1 hr 20 min project to h.264 kept pixelating and looking way too compressed... problem seems to be related to using BUTTERY LUTs through fcp.....when I removed the LUT it exported fine ( but in log!)... when I applied the LUT through Color Finale pro 2.6.2 it seems to render ok... anyone noticed rendering issues with 10.6.4 and LUTS? scary because you have to watch the final output to check for compression problems... same problem exporting through compressor :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

BUTTERY LUTs export problem on 10.6.4 03 Oct 2022 21:40 #122355

• VTC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 63
Anyone dealing with NLEs best consider partial random timeline exports. Try one minute here and another minute there then evaluate. At least you'll be able to preemptively catch something pixellating where it's never done it before or the case where you didn't turn off that adjustment layer positioning guide you're so accustomed to looking at but should never be in the final video.

Five minutes of random test exports beats one 90 minute render only to discover it's worthless and the need to go back and throw some knife switches and then it's off to another 90 minutes worth of rendering once again.

BUTTERY LUTs export problem on 10.6.4 03 Oct 2022 21:57 #122356

• joema
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 576

Just spent a couple of hours troubleshooting... exporting a 1 hr 20 min project to h.264 kept pixelating and looking way too compressed... problem seems to be related to using BUTTERY LUTs through fcp.....when I removed the LUT it exported fine ( but in log!)... when I applied the LUT through Color Finale pro 2.6.2 it seems to render ok... anyone noticed rendering issues with 10.6.4 and LUTS? scary because you have to watch the final output to check for compression problems... same problem exporting through compressor :(

I've used various BUTTERY LUTs in FCP 10.6.4 and never seen a rendering or encoding problem. However I don't use Color Finale.

I'd suggest creating a new test library, import one clip, apply the BUTTERY LUT using the built-in FCP "Custom LUT" effect (but no other effects), and export that. If that does not show the problem, try a few more clips. If it still doesn't show the problem, that implies it's something besides the LUT.

• Page: