fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

first post - way to save a commonly used opacity edit? 01 Oct 2022 02:01 #122326

I often find I use the following trick to fade in/out clips (as opposed to the whole story line). Here is my procedure:

1) select clip
2) right click for "show video animation"
3) click on "opacity" tab
4) add four "ticks" to control the shape as in the pic below

Is there a way to save this type of function to save time?

Thanks in advance. Great forum!

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

first post - way to save a commonly used opacity edit? 01 Oct 2022 04:29 #122329

• sc_fox
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
Yes. In the Effects inspector, at the bottom right of the column is Save Effects Preset. Select that, give your preset a name and a Category and set whether you want the timing to be maintained or stretched to fit. You will also want to review the checkboxes and make sure ONLY Compositing is selected. Then you can find your "Effect" in its category, by searching, or setting it up to be a applied as a default.

first post - way to save a commonly used opacity edit? 01 Oct 2022 08:10 #122331

Yes. In the Effects inspector, at the bottom right of the column is Save Effects Preset. Select that, give your preset a name and a Category and set whether you want the timing to be maintained or stretched to fit. You will also want to review the checkboxes and make sure ONLY Compositing is selected. Then you can find your "Effect" in its category, by searching, or setting it up to be a applied as a default.
Thank you so much!!! However, I found this worked great with Fade Ins, but for fade outs it was pretty wonky. I think the timing reference is the beginning of the clip and that is why it behaves great for fade in but not fade out.

But you still saved me a lot of time!

first post - way to save a commonly used opacity edit? 01 Oct 2022 17:18 #122341

• sc_fox
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
For the fade outs - you'll probably have to save the preset with Stretch to Fit option.

Here's the thing about Presets, they're just like Copy/Paste, only you don't have to go looking for the original source. If you use Stretch to Fit and apply, then you can Control-V into the Video animation editor and make adjustments to the keyframes already placed there. You're not rebuilding it from scratch. Chances are, in most cases, you really won't notice a difference (unless the clip is a lot longer than average — or the clip you make the preset from).

• Page: