fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

No FCP.co Article since June? 28 Sep 2022 16:31 #122300

• drewboyd
  • drewboyd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Just wondering why things have been slow around here - over three months seems like a long time for lack of new articles on the site.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

No FCP.co Article since June? 28 Sep 2022 19:50 #122302

• cseeman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 79
Not even third-party products or plugin reviews. No new workflow analysis. Perhaps Peter moved to Resolve.

Last edit: by cseeman.

No FCP.co Article since June? 29 Sep 2022 15:17 #122307

I too have wondered what was going on. All at once this was my fav website and then boom! .... no new content. It's a bit disheartening to visit daily and simply see nothing new. No swipe at the guys creating the content. I know its hard and can be a grind, but to have no content for this long is strange.

Lots of great stuff exist on the site already, but us OG's we need more new content!!

No FCP.co Article since June? 04 Oct 2022 00:07 #122357

• KB
  • Thank you received: 0
Been wondering about this too--- I'd be willing to suggest videos and articles I come across

No FCP.co Article since June? 04 Oct 2022 01:42 #122358

• PaulG
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
It’s a shame. I think FCP.CO is now more or less defunct and is is operating as a ghost site. I’ve also stopped going to Creative Cow, so I’m not sure where the good content on FCP and connected apps is anymore.

No FCP.co Article since June? 07 Oct 2022 09:15 #122413

We can be optimistic and think that FCP is a mature and stable application. The next news I would like to see would be the update of third-party plugins (such as Coremelt and MotionvfX) for Silicon. And the ones I wouldn't like to see at all are the problems that are read in the Resolve forum.

No FCP.co Article since June? 09 Oct 2022 15:40 #122424

• KB
Well, as I said: I'd be willing to suggest some videos/articles I've come across and I'm sure others here would too as well as writing new ones for the site...

Not sure who to talk to about that?

No FCP.co Article since June? 10 Oct 2022 02:55 #122426

Not sure who to talk to about that?

on the very bottom of every page, there's a link 'Writing for FCP.co' …

No FCP.co Article since June? 10 Oct 2022 17:36 #122431

I think the lack of articles on the site mirror the lack of real innovation inside FCP over the past few years. I still love it and use it daily, but Apple needs to show that they still care about it (and us) and innovate with the next released. They should integrate apple tech into it (like apple phones depth scanning etc) and use all the AI and Machine learning power in the new M1/2s and really change things up again. The tech is there - the software is now holding it back.

No FCP.co Article since June? 10 Oct 2022 18:18 #122432

• cseeman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 79
Even though the improvements in FCP have been modest, the articles have never been limited to FCP features. There are use case studies and advancements in plugins and ancillary products of interest to FCP users. Those articles aren't happening either.

No FCP.co Article since June? 11 Oct 2022 18:39 #122437

• KB
I see a LOT of new videos every week with tips, tricks and lessons of FCP. Every week.

I check a Resolve website and almost every week they have links at least two new articles/videos posted to their page. It keeps me coming back and keeps me informed because I might have missed them or never knew they existed.

It's a constant education using any NLE package and if you learn one cool thing it's totally worth it.

I come here and read the forum and learn a lot but I'd also like to see the occasionally training that I never knew about.

No FCP.co Article since June? 17 Oct 2022 13:00 #122471

• Daniel Rutledge
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.
  • Thank you received: 10
I'm just bumping this. I'm hoping that we'll get some official response.

• Page: