fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Finding Transition from Timeline in Transitions 17 Sep 2022 09:53 #122192

Hi there.

So it might be a basic thing but I have never found it. Basically like match frame but for transitions already applied in an older edit.

I have a ton of effects and transitions. Opening older projects is a pain to re-locate the transitions used in that edit (they are still installed and online) - is there an easier way with a shortcut key to find transition in installed transition bin at the end of the timeline, at the bottom right of the inspector?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Finding Transition from Timeline in Transitions 18 Sep 2022 07:04 #122197

• sc_fox
  • Thank you received: 19
At the very bottom of the Effects/Transitions browser is a Search field. Make sure you select All Video & Audio or All for Effects; or All for transitions at the top of the browsers, then enter your search. Usually you only have to type in a few characters to find what you need. Also, you don't have to type from the beginning, just typing zoo is enough to find *all* your zoom transitions, etc...

Finding Transition from Timeline in Transitions 19 Sep 2022 15:04 #122210

• VTC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 57
MY read of his situation is not that he's trying to locate a specific transition via the search function of all transitions but just what SPECIFIC transition was used amongst the many so listed.

Expand INDEX. Highlight the transition in the timeline and the name of it will appear. Missing transitions / effects will be duly identified by the dreaded yellow triangle warning also using the INDEX.

Attachments:

Finding Transition from Timeline in Transitions 20 Sep 2022 17:45 #122219

Thanks guys. I actually just used Finder in the Motion Effects folder but will try these suggestions next time in FCPX.

Much appreciated

• Page: