fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC:

Buy MacBook Pro M1 Max or wait for M2? 11 Sep 2022 17:36 #122135

Hi all,
I need to buy a new MacBook Pro for FCPX and Logic Pro X.
I currently have a 2019 MacBook Pro with 2.3Ghz Intel core i9 with 16GB RAM - not really handling the job anymore.
I am planning to buy a full spec MacBook Pro M1 Max 10-Core chip, 64GB RAM, 4TB HD etc.
I just wonder if this is still the right time to make this move or if I should wait for the M2.

Thank you in advance
j

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Schwalbach.

Buy MacBook Pro M1 Max or wait for M2? 11 Sep 2022 18:34 #122136

  • Albo
  • Albo's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 350
  • Thank you received: 15
It really depends if you need it now. I changed to MacStudio because my work needed it. My older iMac was making me wait and work was slow. You can always wait but there will always be something coming in the pipeline.

If you don't really need it then it means you can wait.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Buy MacBook Pro M1 Max or wait for M2? 12 Sep 2022 03:36 #122137

The M2s will probably be announced in October with ordering sometime after that. If history repeats itself the initial batch will be gone in quickly. After that you may have to wait several weeks or months to get an M2. As Albo said above if you need it now get the M1.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1