fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Exporting movie maintaining the zoom in the project. Is it possible? 29 Aug 2022 19:48 #122022

Hello everyone. How are you all doing?
It's been a while since I last logged in. And that's thanks to what I learned here :)
Right now, I'm preparing a video intro for a YouTube series and I think I'm in trouble... again.

I started this intro with footage captured from my screen monitor and I had to zoom in because there was lots of screen I didn't need. The thing is that I've finished the video adjusting every element I've added to the same size. Now, that I've exported it to work on the SFX and adjust the music, I've seen in Logic that Final Cut has exported everything to the original size.

I have quite a few keyframes and if I have to readjust the original footage to not need to zoom in, it is going to be hard work. Is there a way of exporting what I see on Final Cut and not the original size of the footage?

I think I've made myself clear but I'm not sure. Explaining these things is quite hard. If you need me to explain something better, please, tell me.

Thanks so much once more! Fcp.co to the rescue!!

Best regards,

Oscar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Exporting movie maintaining the zoom in the project. Is it possible? 29 Aug 2022 21:24 #122023

It might be quicker if you posted screenshots of what you're doing.

Exporting movie maintaining the zoom in the project. Is it possible? 30 Aug 2022 09:43 #122034

Hello TerryB. How are you?
I'm sorry. I should've attached the screenshots last night. It was late and I was shattered.The first screenshot is from the video rendered on FC. The second, FC, is what I'd like my video to be like. Honestly, I am completely lost. I didn't know this was possible.
I am going to have a look and see if there's something off, but any help will be more than welcome.

Thanks so much once more.

Regards,

Oscar
Attachments:

Exporting movie maintaining the zoom in the project. Is it possible? 30 Aug 2022 10:38 #122035

Hello again TerryB. I've just realised the stupid mistake that I made. I just zoom in where I should've transformed or cropped. Oh goodness! I feel terribly stupid.

I want to think that I'm relatively new to video and there are mistakes that I have to make.

I'm sorry for all the trouble and the nonsense.

Thanks so much!!

:)

Exporting movie maintaining the zoom in the project. Is it possible? 30 Aug 2022 16:54 #122047

Glad you were able to figure it out! Sometimes it's the simple things that trip us up. If you're new to FCP you can save yourself a lot of time and hair-pulling by watching these two, free tutorials:

Steve at Ripple Training 60 minute FCP tutorial overview

Izzy Video tutorials

Exporting movie maintaining the zoom in the project. Is it possible? 31 Aug 2022 09:49 #122062

Thanks for the tutorials TerryB. I'm looking forward to watching them, In fact, I'm starting right away
Very, very much appreciated :)

After this huge **** up, I don't think I'll make the same mistake again. I can't get my head around how did what I did.

Thanks so much!

Best regards,

Oscar

• Page: