fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Is it possible to have an effect applied to a clip but not affect those beneath? 19 Aug 2022 13:20 #121896

• 5Alive
  • 5Alive's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Question is essentially the title: Is it possible to have an effect applied to a clip but not affect those beneath?

The clip I want to apply the effect to is the one at the top (highlighted in the picture) without affecting those beneath it. The highlighted clip is a Title template. I appreciate that technically ,I could move the laye/clip that's highlighted down the list or put it even below the A-roll itself to ensure the A-roll clip isn't affected, but then the clip that has the effect cannot be seen.

If the answer is a no, then it's not an issue and I'll just look for another way of doing the effect I want to do.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Is it possible to have an effect applied to a clip but not affect those beneath? 19 Aug 2022 13:34 #121897

There is no image attached. Normally an effect only the clip it's applied to. If it's a title, then it might work differently depending on exactly what title you're using.

Is it possible to have an effect applied to a clip but not affect those beneath? 19 Aug 2022 14:45 #121898

It depends on the title.
Some use the underlying lanes others don't.
In the little preview icons you can see which will use the background: those which will show this default landscape

If you don't see it doesn't mean it it won't, but it is likely it won't use.

I you own Motion you can open a copy of the title and clear the background.
Attachments:

Is it possible to have an effect applied to a clip but not affect those beneath? 19 Aug 2022 15:50 #121903

• VTC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 57
Just a thought but wouldn't turning the clip into a compound clip isolate the properties for that clip and that clip only for you?

Is it possible to have an effect applied to a clip but not affect those beneath? 19 Aug 2022 20:06 #121904

Yes.
You can attach a title (with background processing) to a gap (or a generator or another title with no background) then make a compound and then move to final destination

Is it possible to have an effect applied to a clip but not affect those beneath? 20 Aug 2022 13:36 #121905

• 5Alive
Thanks for the responses. I didn't realise the image didn't attach. Hopefully it's attached this time,
Attachments:

Is it possible to have an effect applied to a clip but not affect those beneath? 26 Aug 2022 14:41 #121977

• 5Alive
I forgot to mention that this solution worked where you create a compound clip and then use that compound clip in the timeline. This will definitely help my workflow. Thanks Andreas 👍

• Page: