fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

editing on smartphone then x-fer to FCP...what apps? 09 Aug 2022 22:14 #121772

Hi all. I will be teaching a smartphone filming/editing workshop with one of our teams that specifically want to do a very rough edit on their phone (some use iPhone, some use Android) and then send me the edit to further tweak. I thought I remembered a way to do this with iMovie on iOS, can't seem to find that, but also are there any video editing apps for Android that could export an edit in a format I could import into FCP (10.6.3)? My googling has not unearthed anything yet. Thanks for your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

editing on smartphone then x-fer to FCP...what apps? 09 Aug 2022 23:31 #121774

Found this for the iOS iMovie side - support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/im...dos-verec2ef844f/mac

Sorry, no idea about Android editors.

Last edit: by TerryB.

editing on smartphone then x-fer to FCP...what apps? 10 Aug 2022 17:59 #121794

Thanks TerryB. I had been digging around on my iPhone, iMovie and "upload" but completely missed the little "Options". Perfect, so appreciate this!

I will post back if I find anything for a video editing Android that works with FCP.

editing on smartphone then x-fer to FCP...what apps? 01 Sep 2022 23:05 #122082

Update: we will have them do their simple edit in iMovie for those on iOS devices and move to Final Cut. For Android phones we will have them do their simple edit in the free, limited, Adobe Premiere Rush, or pay per month for use. We'll use Premiere Pro to access the Rush content in the cloud, and then use "SendToX" get a .fcpxml file to open in Final Cut. (we have to keep an active subscription to Premiere for interfacing with our partners overseas)

I've done zero testing yet, but if anyone already sees a better way, please let me know.

• Page: