fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Can you specify a playback "window" size? 08 Aug 2022 01:04 #121726

My application is pretty much a non standard use of FCP. Keynote is not an option due to the number of images and the resulting size. So I am using FCP as a Keynote alternative.

My project is basically digital images and during playback it fills the entire screen. Many of the images are screen shots taken from with a LR image with the LR exif panel alsodisplayed, to establish time date etc. So the image numeric data taken is edge to edge and in FCP it fills the screen. This makes it very hard to read.

I was hoping to find a way to specify a playback "window" size that I can place the image in to constrain it.

Is there a way in LR to specify a window that I can place all these images in without using transform on each image?

If transform is the only option can you specify a "preset" like you can for format text attributes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rich

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Can you specify a playback "window" size? 08 Aug 2022 03:47 #121727

I am going to assume that LR stands for Adobe Lightroom and that you importing the screen grabs into FCP and looking at them in the viewer.

When you create a new Project in FCP there is a the Use Custom Settings button that allows you to set the final resolution of the Project. Once this is done import the images and drop them into the timeline.

If the images do not show correctly then open the Inspector Panel, Command 4 and use the Spacial Conform section. There are three options; fit, fill and none. You probably want to set it to Fit.

An alternative is that once you have saved the screen grabs from LR reimport them into LR and then export them using the LR export panel. There you can set the output resolution to match the FCP Project resolution. Then import them into FCP. Using this method saves you from using the Spacial Conform tool as well as reducing the file size of the of the screen grabs.

Can you specify a playback "window" size? 08 Aug 2022 13:38 #121733

Laurie
Thank you! That was what I was looking for.

Rich

• Page: