fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

DIRECTOR IS NOT WRITABLE 03 Aug 2022 01:12 #121683

JUST UPDATED TO MACOS MONTERREY FROM BIGSUR LATEST VERSION EVERYTHING WAS WORKING FINE BUT WHEN I STARTED WITH FCP10 VER.10.6.3 ALL OF MY ARCHIVES THAT I WAS WORKING BEFORE THE UPDATE DISAPPEARED FROM THE FAVORITES SIDEBAR IN THE IMPORT WINDOW ( I HAVE THE ORIGINALS ON AN EXTERNAL DRIVE) AND WHEN I GET THE SAME SD CARD THAT I USED WHEN CREATING THE ORIGINAL ARCHIVE I CAN NOT CREATE A NEW ARCHIVE, I GET AN ERROR SAYING THAT THE DIRECTOR IS NOT WRITABLE . I HAVE VISITED THE INFO WINDOW AND RENEW ALL MY PERMISSIONS OF THE DRIVE. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF THIS ERROR AND GET BACK MY ARCHIVES IN THE IMPORT WINDOW SIDEBAR

THANK YOU ALL POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS ARE WELCOME

LUIDOLY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

DIRECTOR IS NOT WRITABLE 03 Aug 2022 02:20 #121685

• Redifer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 94
I THINK YOU MEAN "DIRECTORY" AND NOT "DIRECTOR". ANYWAY, HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO. IN THE FINDER, HIGHLIGHT THE VOLUME (HARD DRIVE, ETC) THAT YOU WANT TO WRITE TO. RIGHT CLICK AND CHOOSE "GET INFO". AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT, CLICK THE LOCK ICON TO UNLOCK IT. CHANGE THE PERMISSIONS TO READ AND WRITE. IT IS OK IF "EVERYONE" IS LEFT READ ONLY BUT YOU MIGHT AS WELL CHANGE THAT TOO UNLESS YOUR COMPUTER IS SHARED IN ANY WAY.

Last edit: by Redifer.

DIRECTOR IS NOT WRITABLE 03 Aug 2022 05:24 #121686

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPONSE REDIFER, YES I MEANT DIRECTORY, AND I DID THE PERMISSIONS IN THE INFO AS YOU HAD DESCRIBED WHEN I POSTED MY QUESTION SO FAR NO GOOD, AND ALSO NO SOLUTION AS TO HOW TO RECOVER MY ARCHIVES IN THE FAVORITES SIDE BAR OF THE IMPORT WINDOW,
ANY OTHER IDEAS????

THANK YOU

LUIDOLY

DIRECTORY IS NOT WRITABLE 03 Aug 2022 06:17 #121687

NOW I GOT IT AFTER DOING THE PERMISSIONS IN THE INFO WINDOW I STILL WAS NOT GETTING ANYTHING BUT WAS LACKING WAS A SHUTDOWN AND REBOOT OF THE COMPUTER AND WHEN I OPEN FCP AGAIN .....BINGO!!!! ALL THE ARCHIVES WERE SHOWING IN THE FAVORITES SIDEBAR OF THE IMPORT WINDOW AND ALL WERE RECOVED AS BEFORE, SO IF THAT HAPPENS AGAIN, SHOTDOWN AND REBOOT

THANK YOU, PROBLEM SOLVED

LUIDOLY

DIRECTOR IS NOT WRITABLE 03 Aug 2022 06:18 #121688

• Redifer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 94
OH YES, I SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED THAT AFTER YOU CHANGE THE PERMISSIONS YOU'LL NEED TO RESTART FINAL CUT PRO, BUT OF COURSE IT NEVER HURTS TO REBOOT. I'M GLAD YOU GOT EVERYTHING WORKED OUT!

• Page: