fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

RENAMING INDIVIDUAL CLIPS OF THE SAME MULTICAM CLIP 21 Jun 2022 01:27 #120964

Hi, so I'm working with multiple multicam clips in my timeline and I'm having fun cutting and trimming excess stuff, and that creates individual clips that I can, for the most part, manipulate individually.

I tried renaming those clips one by one but the entirety of the main multicam clip changes name. My interview takes are long and we discuss different topics, so it would really save my ass if I can have the name of the topic being discussed on camera right at the top of my clip.

I know I can achieve a similar thing using markers and chapters and the index, but I just feel like renaming the clips themselves would be ideal for my own personal workflow.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RENAMING INDIVIDUAL CLIPS OF THE SAME MULTICAM CLIP 21 Jun 2022 19:42 #120975

Renaming the clip will rename the whole clip. You should be using Favorite ranges with Keywords. Don't do this with markers or chapters, you'll quickly want to pull your hair out if you do.

Shuttle through your clips in the browser (not the timeline!), marking I/O and F as you go. You can preset 9 keywords with kb shortcuts and assign those on the fly. After you've got your selects, set the browser to just Show Favorites. At this point, assign any remaining keywords and/or add notes if necessary.

Once you get the hang of it, the process is Very fast, and super organized.

Last edit: by dmetz.

RENAMING INDIVIDUAL CLIPS OF THE SAME MULTICAM CLIP 22 Jun 2022 11:52 #120999

Hi, I agree that organising in the browser is key but if you want a visual clue in the timeline about the subject of each interview section - without referencing keywords in the Timeline Index - you could try this:

1. Create a new Title subrole called 'subject' or whatever you wish
2. Add a default title to a clip in the Timeline and set it to the be the subject of the clip
3. Set its role to be 'subject' or whatever you have used
4. Disable the 'subject' role in the Timeline index
5. Copy and paste or duplicate in the Timeline and change the title text for each clip

Turning the subrole off in the Timeline Index obviously prevents it showing up on screen and has the added benefit of turning all of these clips grey which makes the title in each easier to read.

These 'super-markers' will, obviously, stay with your edited Multicam clips wherever you move them to and they could all be selected by role and deleted if you no longer need them.

Just a thought...

Ian.

• Page: