fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Is there a way yet to select/delete media unused by *any* project in a library? 25 May 2022 14:02 #120745

Every few years I hit this problem when trying to archive work. Each Library may contain half a dozen projects/timelines, perhaps with compound clips in them, and I need to consolidate all the used media into the library, while removing any completely unused clips.

My current workaround is to drag all the projects into a new empty library, wait for the media to copy over, and then I can delete the old library and move the new one back into its place. It's a lot of redundant copying of media around, though, and all clips end up in one single event instead of neatly organised.

This has been a problem forever, though I get that it's down to the way projects/compound clips are stored as individual databases, which makes identifying unused clips into a recursive process.

But it's certainly do-able; are there any utilities/plugins/scripts around that can help with this task?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Is there a way yet to select/delete media unused by *any* project in a library? 25 May 2022 14:36 #120746

Marquis Broadcast has a utility called Worx4 X worx4.com that will give you more control over the process.

Is there a way yet to select/delete media unused by *any* project in a library? 25 May 2022 14:52 #120747

I'm currently using ARC-X from this creator: edit-tools.com for archiving my projects. I've used Worx4 also.

Is there a way yet to select/delete media unused by *any* project in a library? 25 May 2022 15:17 #120748

Worx looks like it'll do nicely. Thanks Tom!

• Page: