fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

possible to screen footage via ipad / ios & export markers into FCP? 09 May 2022 15:20 #120457

Hi,

amateur here.

I've got a load of clips to view (literally hundreds) and am looking for a possible solution.

most of the footage has been shot on a mobile (Samsung S10) and i'd love to view the clips on an ipad (or android) and just mark the clips with basic start & end markers.

Is there any way to do this on ios & export the markers into FCP?
The files all have very unique names with timestamps, if this is any help.

Also, the best thing i've found so far is CinePlay which integrates with their CutNotes App.
Anyone here has any experience with this or what solution should i be looking for?

Would love to see your workflows!

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

possible to screen footage via ipad / ios & export markers into FCP? 10 May 2022 14:16 #120470

• VidGreg
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Welcome to the fcp.co forums NB
FCP is Mac only so if you need to preview using an iPad/phone it is necessary to use a different app that will export to FCP.
iMovie is available on iPad/phone and has the ability to export to FCP. Free and when you import the media in, it will be conformed to Apple's codec/format so iMovie and FCP can share resources.
Another approach is LumaFusion by LumaTouch. It is a 3rd party editing app that you can use in place of FCP or you can export via FCPMXL (requires add on). Lots of folks like LumaFusion.
Personally I edit on a laptop and import directly into FCP so don't use the above approaches. I import media into FCP on an external drive, and use quick "I & o" plus tags to create my rough clips. Very fast and the laptop serves as my mobile device, but I get wanting to use an iPad.
Hope this Helps, Happy Editing, Greg

possible to screen footage via ipad / ios & export markers into FCP? 11 May 2022 04:10 #120483

I have used LumaFusion to make rough edits and export to FCP via FCPXML. Looking at the LF manual it does not appear that Timeline Markers are exported. If you try it you will want to have the media on an external SSD that is connected to the iPad.

• Page: