fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Split stereo to mono left/right channels on export in final cut 29 Apr 2022 18:03 #120295

I need to export an XDCAM HD422 25i for broadcast with eight mono audio tracks from final cut. In the audio roles I can define stereo tracks or
mono tracks, but there seems no way to split the stereo tracks to left
and right channel. I can only export a mixdown of everything to every
mono track, so the output will be mono. How can I export eight mono
track with the configuration L - R - L - R - L - R - L - R ??

I tried to assign mono track roles and split music in left and right so that (mono) dialogue will be routed to the left AND to the right and for (stereo) music the left track goes left and the right track right but that does not work, as the volume of the final track will be different than what I am monitoring. Music will be the same volume but the mono tracks are much louder as they are with full volume on both tracks. And its impossible to get the volume right - even without music.
So the only way I see is to export a master file in stereo and than convert via compressor to XDCAM HD 422 with eight mono channels. That seems to work but its a few additional steps.
Is there a way to send the file directly to compressor with audio roles applied?
I can only see a way to send the file without audio roles, but I need the stereo mix on channel 1 and 2 (L-R) and the mix without voiceover on 3 and 4 (L-R).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Split stereo to mono left/right channels on export in final cut 29 Apr 2022 23:42 #120303

• DaveM
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Have you tried creating a Compressor destination in FCP?

support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/co...6c/10.6.2/mac/11.5.1

Split stereo to mono left/right channels on export in final cut 29 Apr 2022 23:56 #120304

I tried but then I am not able to use audio roles anymore..

Split stereo to mono left/right channels on export in final cut 30 Apr 2022 04:34 #120312

• DaveM
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Hmm, sorry about that last suggestion. I should have tried to do a test before offering that info...

I wonder if you could export a master file and then use a tool to map the channels/tracks the way you need them. Audio Map from VideoToolShed may be able to do what you need:

www.videotoolshed.com/product/audio-map/

Split stereo to mono left/right channels on export in final cut 30 Apr 2022 06:49 #120314

Thanks. I think then it’s faster to use compressor on the master file.

Split stereo to mono left/right channels on export in final cut 30 Apr 2022 15:31 #120321

Thanks. I think then going through compressor with my master will be faster and will output a true xdcam hd 422 standard file. So I have to go those extra steps.

• Page: