fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

how to link title end to a clip end? (title then dynamic length) 29 Apr 2022 10:26 #120288

• mixedup
  • mixedup's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Is there a way to link a title's end to the end of a clip. Then both the start and end of the title would be linked. For example:
- title start - to start of Clip 3
- title end - to end of Clip 8

Then if adding transistions, or adjust clip lengths (e.g. clip 4), the title would auto-size dynamically.

Background: In this case I have a title I'm using for Color Grading, so can have this across say 10 clips from the same camera in the same location, so want the same color grade across.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

how to link title end to a clip end? (title then dynamic length) 29 Apr 2022 14:10 #120289

• DaveM
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Though it isn't precisely what I believe you have described, you might get the same effect, where all clips in a contiguous group are "labelled" with the text title (annotation). However, you'd need to do some manual adjustments after editing the clips themselves.

Specifically, you could put all of the clips into a compound clip ("inner CC"), then connect the text to that clip and make it the same length, or longer, than the compound clip. You could then put the text and the compound clip into another compound clip ("outer CC").

Now, to edit the clips themselves, you would go into the outer CC and then into the inner CC. After any changes that would change the length of the "sequence" inside the inner CC, you'd need to step out to the outer CC and adjust the text clip. And, then stepping out of the outer CC, you would then adjust the length of the outer CC.

If you use both an inner and outer CC, you could make the text inside the outer CC much longer than the length of the clips/sequence inside of the inner CC. That way it will always "cover" the inner CC's clips/sequence. You'd just need to trim the outer CC to adapt to changes in the inner CC's clips/sequence.

As an experiment, it might be helpful to take a few clips, add them to a timeline, select all of them, create a new "inner CC", then connect the text to the start of the inner CC and extend it to beyond the inner CC, then select both clips and create another "outer CC". Then, you could dig into the inner CC and edit the clips. After you're done, back out into the outer CC and then out of that clip, then adjust the length of the outer CC until it matches the length of the clips/sequence in the inner CC. You just need to make sure that the text clip is at least as long as the inner CC, so it covers everything inside the inner CC.

It may be optional as to whether you really need the outer CC. Hope this helps...

And, as far as I know, a connected clip can only have one connection point.

Cheers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DaveM.
  • Page: