fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

FCPX Compound clip : edit all sections (not updating) 27 Apr 2022 13:12 #120246

Hello,
I have issues with my compound clips. Here is my workflow:
- 2 clips
-- Clip A (shot with good camera)
-- Clip B (screencast, including better audio)

1. create a Syncronized clip with A and B
2. add some effect (keyer, transformation) inside this synced clip
3. create a compound clip out of this synced clip. Cut (using blade) parts of the synced clip (I am still inside my compound clip)

Now, I have a compound clip, with several sections of my synced clip (from A) due to my blade cuts.

My issue / question:
I noticed that i need to make adjustement to my keyer (from step 2). When I double click on one section from my compound clip (step 3), I will ented my Synced clip view, and I can proceed with my editing. Works fine.

But obviously, the other parts of my compound clip won't be affected by my changes. However, I want all my sections of my compound clip to use the adjusted Keyer (from synced clip, step 2).

Is that a bug / normal behavior ? And is there a walk around ?

Thank you very much

Please Log in to join the conversation.

FCPX Compound clip : edit all sections (not updating) 29 Apr 2022 19:01 #120296

Compound clips, by default, will propagate changes. Synced clips do not. I can't say if what you're seeing is a bug or not, as I personally have never set up any source material this way.

I think it may have been better for you to create and edit utilizing a multicam clip, rather than editing inside a synced clip that's inside a compound clip.

FCPX Compound clip : edit all sections (not updating) 29 Apr 2022 22:25 #120299

thanks fred075 - I'll try this out. I thought too the other approach might be to keep a short clip for each color-balance corrections preset I come up with, then copy/paste from this... (unless there's a way to do this in FCP? I'm assuming not which is why I saw the video about using a custom title to allocate color/exposure corrections to)

Last edit: by mixedup.

FCPX Compound clip : edit all sections (not updating) 29 Apr 2022 22:33 #120300

tks dmetz - I should have made clears I'm using the cameras a different points in time - so I don't have multiple cameras working at the same time. So I have been using this type of approach

FCPX Compound clip : edit all sections (not updating) 29 Apr 2022 23:01 #120301

update - actually have found out how to do the custom effects, so this may be the best approach (except you can't tweek a set of clips you've already applied them too, but this may be better than not have the auto-sizing if you use a title)

• Page: