fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Applying fx on title or top layer affect all layers below 26 Apr 2022 14:41 #120216

• mp
  • mp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Long time lurker . . sorry for basic question even user of FCP since V 1.0 ;-) I still can't figure how to you some effect / transition fx on titles or pictures above timeline. Every time I try to add some move IN or animate in FX on title the fx is applied on all layers. Does not help I do compound clip with fx or after applying one. Also simple drag and drop on the image or track does not work, only if you select the clip and double click the fx - then its applied. Anyone> Thank you, Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Applying fx on title or top layer affect all layers below 26 Apr 2022 17:07 #120221

• anickt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 74
It has to do with the way some effects are built. If you try different ones you will find some that work. It is also possible to modify some of the ones that don’t work by opening in Motion and turning off background layers.

Ripple Training to the rescue:

Last edit: by anickt.

Applying fx on title or top layer affect all layers below 26 Apr 2022 17:25 #120222

• mp
Thank you very much. You are correct that some do work, some not. Will give a peak into Motion then.

Applying fx on title or top layer affect all layers below 26 Apr 2022 17:27 #120223

• DaveM
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
If you don't want to dive into Motion to modify transitions, you might want to check out "RT Transmations" set of plugins (they replace several built-in plugins and work with connected clips):

www.rippletraining.com/products/plugins-...ive/rt-transmations/

Normally, $29 but 30% off now with the NAB coupon offer (I am only a customer of Ripple Training).

Applying fx on title or top layer affect all layers below 26 Apr 2022 17:34 #120224

• mp
Unfortunately some of the plugins I am using are from FxFactory and are "locked for opening in Motion by 3rd party" developer. I guess I am out of luck ;-( bummer

"The project could not be opened in Motion because it is locked by the 3rd-party developer."

One workaround would be to export all those titles with effects only as a separate video and add it to the project I am working with. Exporting in Process should maintain alpha ch. for simple drag and drop . . . The project could not be opened in Motion because it is locked by the 3rd-party developer.

Last edit: by mp.
  • Page: