fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mac Studio Monitor & Calibration 24 Apr 2022 10:30 #120183

• Seanchas
  • Seanchas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
So I got my Mac Studio ( it's lovely), sorted it with my old Pegasus TB2 RAID ( I know I should get a new one!).. and got a 32" ASUS ProArt 328CGV monitor.... I miss my 5k Retina iMac screen!!! I'm wondering if this monitor is a mistake... it's a nice monitor for sure but I'm spoilt from grading on the 27" 5k screen... any tips for setup, I know this isn't a pro grading monitor but any tips would be good... standard mode seems nicer than rec.709 mode. ( I know nice isn't scientific).. maybe I need to splash out and get the apple one or another 5k screen..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mac Studio Monitor & Calibration 24 Apr 2022 11:53 #120184

I don't know this monitor but can you calibrate it? I have got a BenQ 271C, obviously with 350nits this Benq model is not a compliant HDR monitor but works nice in SDR (709, P3), and although it comes calibrated from the factory you can do your own calibrations (I use a SpyderXElite). I have plugged the BenQ to my iMac5K (USB-C) and for HDMI to a Decklink mini monitor. When I'm playing FCP videos directly selecting BenQ in A/V preferences and compared to output A/V from Decklink , I have not seen important differences. So the question is, what can be the difference between an Apple display and a calibrated monitor?
Pd: congratulations for your Mac Studio!! ..I will have to wait up to three months for mine :(

Mac Studio Monitor & Calibration 24 Apr 2022 13:08 #120185

• Seanchas
  • Seanchas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for your response, I think maybe it's just lack of pixels!, it's 2560x1440 over 32" color bars seem ok, but just not so bright and crisp. ( I know I'm not being scientific! )... should have got something like the BenQ... I may turn it sideways as a 2nd monitor and get something more expensive.. it has a rec 709 setting but it just seems darker than the preset calibrated one, not sure if I should go with it or leave it on the preset..
j

• Page: