fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Adding a title (lower 3rd) to multiple clips at once on the timeline? 22 Apr 2022 00:43 #120146

Say I have a video with lots of different speakers and I need to place a lower on-screen every time they appear. Is it possible to create one lower and have it cover all areas the speaker shows up in the video? I tried using index to select all clips with the speakers name which highlights them all, but pressing Q only places the lower where the playhead is.

Is there also a way to add a lower to a synchronized or multi-cam clip in the browser?

These are the two ways I thought it may be possible.

Not the end of the world but I'm still learning FCP and trying to use it's features in new ways.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Adding a title (lower 3rd) to multiple clips at once on the timeline? 22 Apr 2022 16:10 #120156

You could do it with plain and synchronized clips by creating a Compound clip of the file in the browser, then add the lower third to the comp prior to edit.

For a MultiCam clip, you can make your angles Compound clips w/gfx prior to assembling the Multi.

Adding a title (lower 3rd) to multiple clips at once on the timeline? 23 Apr 2022 12:26 #120163

Both of those ways make sense to me! I was trying to figure out if there was a way to do it after the video has been edited and then a decision was made later to id speakers throughout the full video instead of just once at their first appearance.

• Page: