fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pegasus thunderbolt 2 RAID with new Mac studio? 21 Apr 2022 21:02 #120142

• Seanchas
  • Seanchas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
My new Mac studio finally arrived :) seems great but I forgot to check compatability with my RAID.. will a tb2 to tb3 adapter get it to work with the tb4 connections on the Mac studio?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Seanchas.

Pegasus thunderbolt 2 RAID with new Mac studio? 21 Apr 2022 22:22 #120143

• DaveM
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
You could contact promise.com to check on compatibility. They have a good selection of info on their website in the support area. You may want to check into compatibility of any drivers or firmware, as well.

But, in general, adding a tb2 to tb3 adapter should work for tb3 and tb4...

Cheers.

Pegasus thunderbolt 2 RAID with new Mac studio? 22 Apr 2022 15:53 #120155

My new Mac studio finally arrived :) seems great but I forgot to check compatability with my RAID.. will a tb2 to tb3 adapter get it to work with the tb4 connections on the Mac studio?

Should work just fine with the adapter. I'm currently running an Areca TB2 RAID with my M1 Mini, and it's been rock solid.

Pegasus thunderbolt 2 RAID with new Mac studio? 23 Apr 2022 05:23 #120159

Should work but using Thunderbolt 2 you are crippling the Mac Studio. Thunderbolt 2 runs at 20 Gbps, half of Thunderbolt 3/4. You are not getting your money’s worth with the newest and most powerful Mac ever by pairing it to a ten year old interface technology. It’s like buying a new Porsche and only driving it on a 35 mph street.

Pegasus thunderbolt 2 RAID with new Mac studio? 23 Apr 2022 11:49 #120161

Pegasus thunderbolt 2 RAID with new Mac studio? 23 Apr 2022 11:53 #120162

Should work but using Thunderbolt 2 you are crippling the Mac Studio. Thunderbolt 2 runs at 20 Gbps, half of Thunderbolt 3/4. You are not getting your money’s worth with the newest and most powerful Mac ever by pairing it to a ten year old interface technology. It’s like buying a new Porsche and only driving it on a 35 mph street.

Thats not ok what you write. They are spinning disks and wil never reach Thunderbolt 2 or 3 specs (max read and write) you be lucky if you can reach 700 Mb/sec, that what my Pegasus3 R4 run on my Mac (iMacPro)

• Page: