fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

updated to FCPX 10.6.2 issue with SFX library 17 Apr 2022 03:27 #120056

Hi,
My FCPX decided to update itself to 10.6.2 - now I can't see SFX that I had added to my Final Cut Pro Sound Effects Folder. It seems to be files of .wav and .aiff extension.. does anyone know how to get these to show again in FCP?

Thanks

Marco

Please Log in to join the conversation.

updated to FCPX 10.6.2 issue with SFX library 17 Apr 2022 04:00 #120057

• DaveM
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Marco,

This is a pretty well-known issue (for FCP 10.6.2).

Some people have reported success with simply changing the filename extension to ".caf" from ".wav" or ".aif"/".aiff". Changing the filename extension may be problematic down the road.

A "permanent" solution, for now, would be to convert the WAV and AIF files into CAF files (not just change the filename extension), but that could be rather tedious... even doing batch conversions might be a bit tricky if you want to maintain bit rate and sample rate of the source files...

Hopefully, Apple will release a fix for this soon.

Last edit: by DaveM.

updated to FCPX 10.6.2 issue with SFX library 19 Apr 2022 00:57 #120080

Hi DavisS, thank you for your reply.

Wow. Really? That is so frustrating! I wonder why I wasn't having issues before but now with the update all of a sudden it appears? Doesn't matter I guess, is what it is for now it seems.

Marco

updated to FCPX 10.6.2 issue with SFX library 22 Apr 2022 19:16 #120158

Same problem here with the 10.6.2, custom made .wav are not available in the browser anymore. However, you can still drag the .wav file from the desktop folder into the project and use as normal. A workaround, some hassle, but works.

I hope Apple fix this asap.

updated to FCPX 10.6.2 issue with SFX library 27 Apr 2022 01:30 #120237

Just adding my voice to the chorus. SFX library of ~15,000 sounds, and now I can see exactly 79 of them.

Neat.

Hope that bug fix comes with a Roles-based audio mixer!

updated to FCPX 10.6.2 issue with SFX library 28 Apr 2022 09:08 #120275

WHAAAATTT!!!!! That is so frustrating I'm sorry to hear.

• Page: