fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Keyer cropping my footage whyyyy 08 Apr 2022 22:01 #119880

See attached screenshots. I can not for the life of me figure out why it's cropping my footage. I've never had this happen before. When I disable Keyer in the inspector, the footage is then uncropped. Any help appreciated.

iMac 5K 2017, 27 inch
3.5 GHz Quad Core i5
40 GB Ram
Radeon Pro 575 4 GB

Running Monterey 12.3
Final Cut 10.6.1
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Keyer cropping my footage whyyyy 27 Apr 2022 17:54 #120262

Did you add the keyer and then change your project dimensions by chance? It looks like a bounding box issue but I don't know why it's happening either unless it's not matching your project dimensions properly.

Keyer cropping my footage whyyyy 27 Apr 2022 18:43 #120263

No, I didn't change the project dimensions. I've tried it on multiple projects. I've discovered it's a Final Cut bug. Someone else posted the same thing, it has to do with combining HDR Tools, along with the Keyer in one clip with iPhone footage. For some reason it seems FCP doesn't like that concoction.

Keyer cropping my footage whyyyy 27 Apr 2022 22:58 #120267

There is something missing. I tried it with iPhone 12 DolbyVision using HDR Tools first. Set it to the HLG to 709 setting. Then I applied the Keyer. The size of the image did not change in the Viewer.

Keyer cropping my footage whyyyy 27 Apr 2022 23:04 #120268

Got it. What was missing was that it has to be vertical video. The solution for me is to move the HDR Tools underneath the Keyer so it's processed after the clip is keyed. This doesn't happen when the frame is standard landscape.

Keyer cropping my footage whyyyy 27 Apr 2022 23:36 #120269

I actually tried doing exactly what you said, even creating a compound clip and applying the HDR tools to the compound clip that was keyed and still no dice... I ended up exporting the HDR corrected footage and reimporting it to Final Cut and then keying that and that was the trick.

Keyer cropping my footage whyyyy 27 Apr 2022 23:37 #120270

That's interesting with the vertical footage though. Thanks for looking into it

• Page: